Games that you lost your enthusiasm for halfway through?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raph

Reaction score
Have you been super excited to start a new game only to get about halfway in and lose all interest? This happened to me with Dragon Age Inquisition. It started off great then all of a sudden the story and excitement just fizzed out for me. What a disappointment.

Most of the Assassin's Creed games. Red Dead Redemption. L.A. Noire. I ended up finishing them all, but I wouldn't say I particularly enjoyed them. I'm sure that there are literally hundreds of others during the 4 decades that I've been gaming, but those are the ones that stick in my mind.

A better question to me would be 'Which games did you buy and never got around to starting?' - I could write a book on that one.

Cavey said:
Most of the Assassin's Creed games. Red Dead Redemption. L.A. Noire. I ended up finishing them all, but I wouldn't say I particularly enjoyed them. I'm sure that there are literally hundreds of others during the 4 decades that I've been gaming, but those are the ones that stick in my mind.

A better question to me would be 'Which games did you buy and never got around to starting?' - I could write a book on that one.

AC gets progressively worse as it goes on. I still don't know how I ever managed to force myself to finish Revelation.
And by the end of 3, you realize it's just Micheal Bay level schlock, which is what you'd expect from an annual release type of game.

LA Noire is a great answer too; I'll go with that one as well. I love third person open world and Rockstar is a favorite, so excitement was high for this game to superb levels.... and good lord, it was one of the worst things I've ever played. Terrible writing, gameplay, controls, layout. And then I realized Rockstar only published it, not made it, and that explained a lot. I played very little before I gave up. It was the worst open world game ever.

Another for me was Berserk Musou for PS4. Berserk is my favorite IP ever, and it's the game that all but convinced me to get a PS4, so I knew my first starting game....
And it's Dynasty Warriors.... again, with a Berserk skin. DW; the absolute worst """"""gameplay""""" that has ever existed in gaming. Button mashing, boring, poorly designed trash with a skin of a beloved franchise over it. (Musou games do this a lot, actually). I couldn't play longer than a couple hours.

That is one hell of a feat to make a PS4 Berserk game for me utter trash. So, congrats.

Latest posts

Back