Give a random piece of advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sidewinder said:
Just Games said:
Don't ever go near a credit card ,save your money don't throw it away on interest.

That's good advice, I don't do credit cards at all, never have... I don't believe in 'em, and I've seen too many folks mired in credit card debt. Everything I need to do, I can do with my USAA Visa debit card. Those interest rates on credit cards are insane... I refuse to enslave myself in credit card debt. People tell me I can't live without a credit card, and I ask 'em why not? I own my home, I own my car, everything I own, I own free & clear... so the credit card pushing makes no sense to me. Insane credit card debt? No, thanks... banksters send credit card applications to my home on a regular basis, and those applications go straight into the trash can.

As for offering advice, well, never weed-whack in shorts and flip-flops...

Actually this is great advice! I had 700+ credit rating in 2008. But, when the financial markets had hard times my credit limit was cut in half even though I never missed a payment. I was kind of proud my credit history was so good. But, it never did anything for me except to help make other people money. I tried to buy something I needed. My card was declined. I was mad and thought the store made a mistake. I had super duper Platinum plus cards. Everybody was previously trying to give me credit. So, I called the credit card company right there in the store. The credit card company said they reduced my available credit to zero and wouldn't increase it. So, I paid off every credit card and credit account I had. Then I immediately locked my credit histories at all three credit reporting agencies. I've never used credit since then. I never have unlocked my credit histories either. It hasn't effected me one bit. Well, other then saving myself lots of interest payments. Credit AND credit history is just another scam business. People should only buy what they can afford using the money they already have. Credit keeps low income people in the poor house.

Finished said:
Sidewinder said:
Just Games said:
Don't ever go near a credit card ,save your money don't throw it away on interest.

That's good advice, I don't do credit cards at all, never have... I don't believe in 'em, and I've seen too many folks mired in credit card debt. Everything I need to do, I can do with my USAA Visa debit card. Those interest rates on credit cards are insane... I refuse to enslave myself in credit card debt. People tell me I can't live without a credit card, and I ask 'em why not? I own my home, I own my car, everything I own, I own free & clear... so the credit card pushing makes no sense to me. Insane credit card debt? No, thanks... banksters send credit card applications to my home on a regular basis, and those applications go straight into the trash can.

As for offering advice, well, never weed-whack in shorts and flip-flops...

Actually this is great advice! I had 700+ credit rating in 2008. But, when the financial markets had hard times my credit limit was cut in half even though I never missed a payment. I was kind of proud my credit history was so good. But, it never did anything for me except to help make other people money. I tried to buy something I needed. My card was declined. I was mad and thought the store made a mistake. I had super duper Platinum plus cards. Everybody was previously trying to give me credit. So, I called the credit card company right there in the store. The credit card company said they reduced my available credit to zero and wouldn't increase it. So, I paid off every credit card and credit account I had. Then I immediately locked my credit histories at all three credit reporting agencies. I've never used credit since then. I never have unlocked my credit histories either. It hasn't effected me one bit. Well, other then saving myself lots of interest payments. Credit AND credit history is just another scam business. People should only buy what they can afford using the money they already have. Credit keeps low income people in the poor house.

Yeah, because everyone has thousands to hundred of thousands of dollars to buy cars and houses.....Not really feasible for a lot of people.

^ Pay cash for what you can afford. You don't need hundreds of thousands of dollars. 20% - 30% down on a house and you don't need credit. Or you can do seller financing. There are options.

“l like people who are authentic. The ones who you feel safe around. The adventurers, weirdlings, lovers of the moon types. They are magical, wild and wonderful human beings. If you find one of these rare souls, keep them!”
― JefaWild

You're self-sabotaging. You think that if you act in this blatantly repugnant way you can kid yourself that people are repulsed by that and not by your personality.
Pull yourself together and stop acting like a spoiled toddler.

I saw this quote and omg it spoke to my soul!

If you want to be philosophical then the lesson of Tetris is:

“Accomplishments are fleeting and quickly forgotten while mistakes pile up and make life increasingly more difficult.”

I thought wow, my advice is build from your mistakes, no matter how difficult they make your life.

Name calling and using insults only make the person doing it look stupid.

Eh, sometimes I think it's justified. Some people deserve to be called ******** or told to fresia off, they're just that bad of people. Some people knowingly, consciously choose to be lousy. I've met some people over the years, both offline and on, that seem like they were just born bad. I don't know if they could choose to be any other way. And some people might disagree but I also think that sometimes, punching someone is justified too. I think the problem is, some people get so comfortable disrespecting others, they think they can say and do whatever they want, treat people however they want because they think no one is going to do anything about it. I feel like not responding, or being able to respond to bullies, only empowers them, and implicitly condones them, and encourages them to continue bullying people in the future.

I think you are right in the sense though, that responding to someone with too many words but no action, gives them the satisfaction that they got to your emotions. So even if I curse someone out, they can feel like they still "won". It took me a while to understand that but I think I get it now. It's kind of like, "any press is good press".

So I guess my own advice would be - it's usually a good idea to stand up for yourself, because you don't want to regret it later and internalize a victim image, an image of yourself as someone who lets others walk all over them.

But also pick your battles, because not everything is really worth getting upset about. Life is short after all, and complaining/anger/things like that, aren't good conversation pieces.

Always leave your mouth open when insulting a lady. If she is going to throw a drink at you, you might as well get to enjoy it.

Edward Elizabeth Hitler.

Do not fall in love with your English teacher, I repeat... do not fall in love with him, no matter how dreamy his big blue eyes are 🤤

Latest posts

Back