God and Depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you belong to an organised faith?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters
Darkwall

1: its being true to yourself. EXCEPT for which you can prove to be true. There is a side of us that explores religious theories and there is always a side that doubts. Who is any man to say what is definite and what is not?

2: Its called the wheeler theory. That every action creates an infinite number of alternate realities. And yes infinity does answer the question of nonexistence. Read Schroedingers Cat. Everything is a wave until its observed.

3: you are thinking of God as being apart from creation. That is incorrect. The unmanifest and the manifest are part of each other. The Bible says God is Love, God is within all things.

6: as above so below. Make your own journey then. You'll understand in the end why this is true. Everything mirrors everything else and yes all life is the duality between opposites.

The 5 Wisdoms of Science http://reluctant-messenger.com/the_story06.htm

I Like wrote a huge, well not really, but went on about everything but just dicided to shorten it down to this....

You dont need religion to be spiritual, and infact takes a better person to do good for the sake of doing good then to do good to get browny pionts from god. They may do good things but for selfish reasons.

Instead of being brainwashed and forced into believing a meaning of life, Make your own meaning.

Don't be an idiot. It's "Schrodinger's" Cat, so you mispelt it, and the point is not to prove that everything exists - nowhere is the cat meant to be in a deck-chair in Cali while it is in the chamber. It is essentially Schrodinger pointing out a paradox in quantum mechanics, and IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY.

And no, infinity is not the opposite of zero. Please don't try to pretend you were meaning otherwise. I don't believe there is a "wheeler theory", but if you're talking about an infinite number of realities, that is different to what you were saying because even in the "infinite number of realities" certain rules will still abound, so NO, NOT EVERYTHING CAN EXIST. There's just infinite variations on the same rules. Otherwise you would get universes where every time the planet Neptune went by in the skies it would give Mickey Mouse a high-five. So you were talking bollocks.

I've read Hawking, I've read Russell, I've read Buddhism. While I misinterpreted what you had to say on 3) as being from an atheistic rather than pantheistic angle, the rest of what you have to say is profoundly uninteresting.

So everything mirrors everything else, then? What about nostalgia? Or the violin? Your empty bastardisation of Buddhism falls apart under the slightest scrutiny - although you did manage to dodge all the points I scored off you (such as you not knowing the meaning of the word irony) so I admire you for that.

While I can't positively state that I'll never "understand in the end" - i.e. come around to your way of thinking - I sincerely hope this will never be the case, as I would have to drop about fifty IQ points in the process.

Regards,

Darkwall

Catharsis said:
Darkwall

1: its being true to yourself. EXCEPT for which you can prove to be true. There is a side of us that explores religious theories and there is always a side that doubts. Who is any man to say what is definite and what is not?

2: Its called the wheeler theory. That every action creates an infinite number of alternate realities. And yes infinity does answer the question of nonexistence. Read Schroedingers Cat. Everything is a wave until its observed.

3: you are thinking of God as being apart from creation. That is incorrect. The unmanifest and the manifest are part of each other. The Bible says God is Love, God is within all things.

6: as above so below. Make your own journey then. You'll understand in the end why this is true. Everything mirrors everything else and yes all life is the duality between opposites.

The 5 Wisdoms of Science http://reluctant-messenger.com/the_story06.htm

DORKWALL.....

Why the fresia do you call everybody stupid, put them down or an idiot just becuase you don't have the same persceptive as they do/ or people have different ways of decribing the samething ?

Then you have the fucken nerves to send me a fucken PM to put me down in private.
Wtf is wrong with you ? I'm not gay...stop hitting on me. lol
Thanks for asking though....I guess if you imagine it....you're still going to play the ***** role in the relationship. :p

*****....didn't you learned the last time ? :p

Lonesome Crow said:
DORKWALL.....

Why the fresia do you call everybody stupid, put them down or an idiot just becuase you don't have the same persceptive as they do/ or people have different ways of decribing the samething ?

Then you have the fucken nerves to send me a fucken PM to put me down in private.
Thanks for asking though....I guess if you imagine it....you're still going to play the ***** role in the relationship. :p

Ehh... New Agers, you know how it is.
They have to constantly prove their own theories to themselves, by trying to prove them to everyone else.
New Age rocks.

Hello Lonesome Crow,

I don't call everyone an idiot. Just you. This is because you told me to commit suicide, then I got bluey to warn you, and then after that you continued writing insulting messages on my threads, taunting me for not having a girlfriend, saying something about me having a cock on my head, and now - after I finally PMed you - this lovely little message.

Catharsis isn't an idiot, he's just acting like one through completely misinterpreting Quantum Mechanics to form a cliched world outlook that he posted despite it not really being relevant to this post. This isn't subjective at all - much like his not knowing what irony means, he is here being simply *incorrect*.

I don't think I'm hitting on you - I think you're the one who's replied on (let's see) ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY THREADS NOW? For the last time, seriously now, just leave me alone.

Lonesome Crow said:
DORKWALL.....

darkwall said:
Hello Lonesome Crow,

I don't call everyone an idiot. Just you. This is because you told me to commit suicide, then I got bluey to warn you, and then after that you continued writing insulting messages on my threads, taunting me for not having a girlfriend, saying something about me having a cock on my head, and now - after I finally PMed you - this lovely little message.

Catharsis isn't an idiot, he's just acting like one through completely misinterpreting Quantum Mechanics to form a cliched world outlook that he posted despite it not really being relevant to this post. This isn't subjective at all - much like his not knowing what irony means, he is here being simply *incorrect*.

I don't think I'm hitting on you - I think you're the one who's replied on (let's see) ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY THREADS NOW? For the last time, seriously now, just leave me alone.

Lonesome Crow said:
DORKWALL.....

It's best not to reply to Lonesome Crow, otherwise he'll reply, filling the forum with even more stupidity. I don't acknowledge him as a person, maybe a sub-human, but probably even better not to acknowledge that he even exists, makes life easier. He is stuck in some kind of high school, nerd-smashing, jock mentality and therefore has a grudge against anyone with signs of intelligence. I'm frankly surprised you could decipher his incomprehensible gibberish enough to get angry at him. I think he assumes random expletives and middle school insults are somehow going to humble people. Sucks for him.

Beliefs and philosophies are personal.

Since we are not dealing in absolutes here, it is a shame that some contributors to this thread have resorted to personal insults and condescension rather than confining themselves to the arguments under discussion.

Steel said:

Since we are not dealing in absolutes here, it is a shame that some contributors to this thread have resorted to personal insults and condescension rather than confining themselves to the arguments under discussion.

OK, look, here is what happened:

1. I post something asking about how peoples' beliefs affect their depression.

I have two pet hates - one is people being patronising and the other is people twisting the thread into what they want to talk about.

2. So Catharsis then says "learn to think in parellels", which immediately irritates me, and makes several claims that are not merely "subjective", but FALSE - such as his understanding of quantum mechanics. It also doesn't have that much to do with the thread - if you want to start a thread full of your theories about the universe, then go ahead, but I was talking about something different.

3. So I reply in a fairly genteel manner to Catharsis, with sentences like "Your approach to relationships, however, is laudable."

4. Lonesome Crow says "Why you don't have a dick on your forehead still can't be explain". I interpret this as an insult, but ignore him.

5. Lonesome Crow then says, "if you imagined [having a girlfriend] all these years..she must exist in you life by now...lmao" which was needlessly personal.

6. I lose my temper and send him a PM insulting him, but asking him also to keep off my threads after having already received a warning from Bluey for harrassing me weeks ago.

7. Catharsis comes out with more gems like: "The face of God is non existence, which can be seen unless your dead."

8. Replying to me, he then mangles the Schrodinger's Cat Paradox and says "You'll understand in the end why this is true." which is again unbelievably patronising.

9. I then reply, indicating that I think that his post consisted of sheer stupidity and faux philosophy. I do this far more rudely than I need to, but mainly in response to the patronising bit.

10. Lonesome Crow then posts a lot quasi-homophobic honeysuckle.

That's what happened, and why. Every time it is Lonesome Crow screwing up my threads: even the more heated things in my and Catharsis' debates were no more rude than passionate academics insulting the other's intelligence. Despite that, I will attempt to be more patient with people who are trying to have an open discussion with me in future, however misguided/patronising/irrelevant I believe them to be.

darkwall said:
Steel said:

OK, look, here is what happened:

1. I post something asking about how peoples' beliefs affect their depression.

I have two pet hates - one is people being patronising and the other is people twisting the thread into what they want to talk about.

2. So Catharsis then says "learn to think in parellels", which immediately irritates me, and makes several claims that are not merely "subjective", but FALSE - such as his understanding of quantum mechanics. It also doesn't have that much to do with the thread - if you want to start a thread full of your theories about the universe, then go ahead, but I was talking about something different.

3. So I reply in a fairly genteel manner to Catharsis, with sentences like "Your approach to relationships, however, is laudable."

4. Lonesome Crow says "Why you don't have a dick on your forehead still can't be explain". I interpret this as an insult, but ignore him.

5. Lonesome Crow then says, "if you imagined [having a girlfriend] all these years..she must exist in you life by now...lmao" which was needlessly personal.

6. I lose my temper and send him a PM insulting him, but asking him also to keep off my threads after having already received a warning from Bluey for harrassing me weeks ago.

7. Catharsis comes out with more gems like: "The face of God is non existence, which can be seen unless your dead."

8. Replying to me, he then mangles the Schrodinger's Cat Paradox and says "You'll understand in the end why this is true." which is again unbelievably patronising.

9. I then reply, indicating that I think that his post consisted of sheer stupidity and faux philosophy. I do this far more rudely than I need to, but mainly in response to the patronising bit.

10. Lonesome Crow then posts a lot quasi-homophobic honeysuckle.

That's what happened, and why. Every time it is Lonesome Crow screwing up my threads: even the more heated things in my and Catharsis' debates were no more rude than passionate academics insulting the other's intelligence. Despite that, I will attempt to be more patient with people who are trying to have an open discussion with me in future, however misguided/patronising/irrelevant I believe them to be.

But I thought you said agreeing to disagree was stupid and meaningless. You said you rather debet....

You can't be giving a low blows and then whine about it like a litte
Then call it missguided/patronising and irrelevent. That's a mouth full.

Will...fucken excuse me...I ma not intelligent enough
to comprehend your fucken retarded instults.
How civilized of you. Oh wait a minute... let me count the syllable on my fingers. :p

Okay here's my reply...you have your head up your ass again :p
Notice..i didn't say I think...it's just facts.... oki doki.

O rly ???......Dorkness , I told you to stop hitting up on me and sending me PMs
Oh honeysuckle....now you're going to kick my ass.... I ma scared now.
I might catch a disease. :(
You wanna give more low blows...eh ?

Now Now boys!
Play nicely, debate is healthy.. squabbling like children is not.

I celebrate Yule and my kids get left something on the tree from the Yule fairies and we have a realy lovely simple day of happy family. BUT they also have thier traditional xmas too as it would be wrong of me to force my belifes onto my family.

LOLWUT?

lolwut.jpg

Latest posts

Back