Gone a while

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJW

Reaction score
Here before and thought I had a relationship (platonic) with another member. We started conversations off site. I said or did something that apparently offended her. I don't know what it was. She just stopped.

It depressed me enough that I just stopped coming here.

It's a sad thing when people condemn you for your faults but don't offer any clue to help you overcome them. That's my life in a nutshell. I'm full of faults because I was always told when I was wrong but never told how to be right. I've always been a runner. My family saw to that. It's easier to leave than it is to fix what they have no interest in fixing.

I had been away from them for years (you might be picking up on theme here), but I was back in touch when a sister died. It was the same. Now it's been a decade since I've spoken to my remaining siblings. I've no intention of establishing contact. My best protection is desertion.

For the first time in a year, I got a request in my email to respond to some posts here. Why all of a sudden, was my thought. So I followed a link and here I am.

I don't expect to have a close relationship with anyone, not here, not anywhere. I'm apparently incompatible with everyone... at least on the face to face.

So, I'm lonely as hell. I guess if I don't belong here then I don't belong anywhere. I have an inherent need to teach, to fix everyone's problems. I hate to see suffering. So, as my only social venue, I'm here to let myself feel better on the rare occasion of helping someone else feel better.

This is a reintroduction. We'll see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back