Good Morning all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
Well, where to begin?
Like some AA meeting or group therapy to begin the long process of hugging the cactus(stole that from Mel Gibson and Tony Stark[RDJr to you]). I suppose I have been lucky to have a fairly large and supportive family structure. Also, i must admit my lack of significant or lasting social interaction during my dangerous teen and young adult years prevented me from joining the wrong crowd or being overtaken by substance abuse. Sometimes i feel like some military field support person who was sent to war, but still gained the 1000-yard stare from being away from the hardcore battlefield. Unfortunately, analogies can only get you so far. I've been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, social anxiety, and been tested by various cognitive experts as being uniformly below average in many areas. Can we say that we can't be described by what others say, well, anyone with a PHd might just have a point.
But then I realize I have to think on the positives. I've become obsessed with various topics, mostly historical and occasionally physically and psychologically draining activities pushing me to the limit. What happens then, well I ask for more and begin in-taking other obsessions and patterns of thought or theory to somehow form a cohesive picture of the world. As of now, I wish to express myself through creative writing or historical or cultural analysis to those I feel might listen. Unfortunately, most of those are few and far between.
Now to the heat of the issue. Just prolonged or even desired social and emotional isolation. I've been to some dark places, lied, and engaged in almost evolutionary processes of self preservation. Denied the complaints of families and tried to continue on a road with no light at the end in sight. I didn't get a job until I was 28, and even then I found new issues in which to contend. Now with the pandemic, I've found new purposes and switched jobs to find a base of accumulation of resources to spread my wings like never before. I think I have an idea of what i want and where I wish to go. But only time will tell.

Hope I can be accepted here. ;)

Welcome to the forum, John! Thank you for sharing. I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Hello John and welcome!

If you're up for sharing, I would be curious about how you were diagnosed with social anxiety. Also, when you say "historical or cultural analysis" what do you mean exactly? Do you mean literary theory, humanities, philosophy, or all the above and more?

I think you'll find acceptance here.

Finished said:
Welcome! Your writing isn't lacking. That's for sure.

Thanks

ewomack said:
Hello John and welcome!

If you're up for sharing, I would be curious about how you were diagnosed with social anxiety. Also, when you say "historical or cultural analysis" what do you mean exactly? Do you mean literary theory, humanities, philosophy, or all the above and more?

I think you'll find acceptance here.

Hi ewomack, 
I was diagnosed with Aspergers in High School due to social anxiety and mad fixation on certain topics. 
As for historical analysis, I'd describe certain ages, eras, wars, and current events as inspiration for an overview on any period to be able to speak or write about. 
Always on the lookout for different sources or books. 

Hope that helps.

Welcome.
Historical analysis has been one of my main interests. Sadly I have a bad memory and I forget most of what I learn.

Greetings John of the Coast. Totally intrigued with your opening introduction... like a book... eager to see where it leads. Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back