Good morning. New member here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogtooth

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I just joined. I have tried a few forums over the last few months based on my circumstances, but realised i dont want specific help.
I am lonely. Even though i am not alone.
I have autism and i struggle to feel understood by people around me. Im rarely alone but i am lonelier than ever.
I had a friend who had autism also. She was just amazing. The kindest most honest person i have ever known. She made me feel accepted and life seemed like it may be worthwhile, for a spell.
She unfortunately was very sick and passed away about six weeks ago.
Since then i have struggled. So im reaching out before i give up completely.
Im hoping i can offer and also receive comfort and acceptance and try to do something good for someone else.
I know loneliness and its awful. If i can relieve that even a little for someone i can die happy.

Dog

Hi there dogtooth, I have a very close friend with aspergers, he is very kind, maybe like your friend was. I am so sorry for your loss. I think the problem with a lot of forums is that it can be full of people who are clueless, hopeless, no initiative, no good at problem solving or making decisions or bettering their situation, yet as soon as another person comes along and joins them they think they can advise them and tell them what they should do. And give them totally inappropriate, stupid, clueless advice, externalising their own lack of competency with their own things. Can you imagine asking a penniless person for advice on how to become rich? Same sort of thing... I have spoken to a smart person here who is hard working, a person who tried to scam me out of money, like I would be that dumb, that person targeted me and a few others who had posted about being successful financially so we were targeted, which we expect. We have heard all that before though, they forget that. There are people here with severe mental health problems and those who just want to moan and whinge and go on and on about how sad they are. Find the ones you like and stick to them otherwise you can waste a lot of time.

Thank you Charlotte.
That is really helpful. Who steals from regular folk? I just dont get that. It is so far from who i am i just cant understand why anyone would try to do that to another person. Regardless how much money they may or may not have.
Im not a scam artist i promise you. However if i were, i would write the exact same thing, so catch 22 maybe lol.
Thank you again.

Hello everyone
I just joined. I have tried a few forums over the last few months based on my circumstances, but realised i dont want specific help.
I am lonely. Even though i am not alone.
I have autism and i struggle to feel understood by people around me. Im rarely alone but i am lonelier than ever.
I had a friend who had autism also. She was just amazing. The kindest most honest person i have ever known. She made me feel accepted and life seemed like it may be worthwhile, for a spell.
She unfortunately was very sick and passed away about six weeks ago.
Since then i have struggled. So im reaching out before i give up completely.
Im hoping i can offer and also receive comfort and acceptance and try to do something good for someone else.
I know loneliness and its awful. If i can relieve that even a little for someone i can die happy.

Dog
Welcome Dog. I'm sorry for your loss. I do believe you have something to offer. I hope you find some comfort and enjoyment from this site.

That is the million dollar question. Will i have something to offer? I dont think im qualified to answer.
I will try. However i seem to get things wrong more than right so bear with me lol.
Thanks for the welcome.

Thank you Charlotte.
That is really helpful. Who steals from regular folk? I just dont get that. It is so far from who i am i just cant understand why anyone would try to do that to another person. Regardless how much money they may or may not have.
Im not a scam artist i promise you. However if i were, i would write the exact same thing, so catch 22 maybe lol.
Thank you again.
HI Dogtooth. You ask who steals from regular folk. But if they know a thousand people who are regular folk who are penniless or sitting around doing nothing all day instead of earning, they don't see people who work hard and earn more as regular folk - they know it is not worth trying to con people with no money but it might be worth it with those who have worked very hard and have some! You don't go to an empty well when you are thirsty. It does not occur to them that you have had many others trying to scam from you and you would not have been successful if you were naive enough to let people use you this way.

Last edited:
As you have been told before, if there is anyone here pulling a scam, you need to report it along with the proof of the attempted scam.
No have not been told this before, and can deal with things my own way thanks. Reporting things often leads to a lot of wasted time and nothing actually changing anyway. There was no if anyway.

No have not been told this before, and can deal with things my own way thanks.

Richard_39 mentioned it to you in your "Beware" thread.

Since we have seen no evidence of your claims it would be best if you quit making such accusations about someone here with out any foundation to back up such claims.

Latest posts

Back