Great Discovery For Anxiety & Depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isaac B.

Reaction score
I remember when my anxiety & mood went higher than it's normal bad level for month and i discovered it's because i was thinking too much about these negative feelings by frequently responding harshly to them. I started ignoring the feelings and stopped negatively exploding to them within a few days my anxiety & mood went back down to it's normal anxiety level. Wasn't a full fix but wasn't at that worse level.

When you respond to a single attack of anxiety/depression by repeatedly exploding or getting extremely down from the attacks, it creates a new "worse feeling" and stick around longer for days or weeks. Try to ignore the episode by not getting extremely upset, eventually the new worse feeling loses it's power eventually and goes back to normal bad feeling (better than a worse feeling). You only need to ignore few attacks, not all.

It's a hit or miss game. Sometimes you will have enough willpower/strength to ignore them. Like the bible says ignore the devil and eventually he loses alot of power.

The way you describe it, it sounds like a cycle that you have figured out and can break. I'm glad that's working for you.

Some say it's good to recognize when you are feeling something like sadness, for example. As you feel it pass through you, realize it is only a feeling. You become an observer watching the sadness. The sadness is not the person who is feeling it.

Thank you for sharing.

I have no idea how you're able to do that...
When I work, I think, and when I think, it inevitably leads to thinking negative things...

Best solution for me is either I'm busy thinking of a solution to a problem (then I'm happy) or I listen to great (Irish) songs and I sing along so I don't think.

I'm not the explosive type of person, however I'm like a cow chewing the same grass more than twice, except it's with ideas in my head :|

but hey, if it works on your side, that's good ^^ !

Latest posts

Back