Great hacks to overcome depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188645

Reaction score
This should help anyone who is suffering from depression 🙇.

Have you
about Kelly's story on how she overcame depression?

What exactly is depression?

A group of conditions associated with the elevation or lowering of a person's mood, such as depression or bipolar disorder.

But we haven't really dealt with how to overcome it.

Here are some links that would help you in overcoming depression.

1st step

This👆 is a TED talk on how she overcame depression

2nd step
https://facebook.com/sharer/sharer....uk/stories/kellys-story-overcoming-depression
This one here talk about giving up to overcome depression.

3rd step

This last step sums up everything you need to do.

first... welcome to the forums

next.... if depression were that easy to overcome
everyone would overcome it doing what you say
and no one would have it anymore
it wouldn't continue to be a wide-spread problem

so, no thanks

thank you for caring
but another way other than arriving like a thunder bolt with the great solution would be better

maybe a thread entitiled: does anyone have something that helps them with depression?
and ''overcome'' is a big word... it implies the problem is 100% better

my truth is that there are small things and each one helps slightly sometimes

and there are lots of different underlying reasons for depression... including life experiences and biochemical, or both
sometimes, often there are mulitiple reasons

ex. my daughter died
how should I ''overcome'' that?... yet, you seem to think I should ''overcome,' her loss and you have ''summed up'' how to do it

So, I thank you for your kindness
for your well-meaningness

but no

The problem with treating depression is that people are looking for a quick fix. That is, of course if it's NOT caused by a chemical imbalance. Doctors are quick to put people on meds, but if it's not a chemical imbalance, the meds aren't going to help unless it's a placebo effect.

When it's not, people have to WANT to get better. That's not to say they want to be depressed, but more that they are likely more afraid to NOT get better. If they change things and it doesn't help, that would be worse. Because of the depression, they are typically way too focused on negative thoughts, so they can't even imagine that anything is going to make them all better or that life will be better if they work on themselves or their issues. It's SCARY AS HELL to overcome that hurdle.

There are no easier answers or quick fixes. Each person has to come to the realization in their own time and until that time comes, they won't listen.

Now, keep in mind that I'm not a professional in the mental health field, it's just my personal opinion based on my own research and my own experiences. Also, what you posted are good stories and motivation, but people have to be ready for it.

I
The problem with treating depression is that people are looking for a quick fix. That is, of course if it's NOT caused by a chemical imbalance. Doctors are quick to put people on meds, but if it's not a chemical imbalance, the meds aren't going to help unless it's a placebo effect.

When it's not, people have to WANT to get better. That's not to say they want to be depressed, but more that they are likely more afraid to NOT get better. If they change things and it doesn't help, that would be worse. Because of the depression, they are typically way too focused on negative thoughts, so they can't even imagine that anything is going to make them all better or that life will be better if they work on themselves or their issues. It's SCARY AS HELL to overcome that hurdle.

There are no easier answers or quick fixes. Each person has to come to the realization in their own time and until that time comes, they won't listen.

Now, keep in mind that I'm not a professional in the mental health field, it's just my personal opinion based on my own research and my own experiences. Also, what you posted are good stories and motivation, but people have to be ready for

Now, keep in mind that I'm not a professional in the mental health field, it's just my personal opinion based on my own research and my own experiences. Also, what you posted are good stories and motivation, but people have to be ready for it.
I love what you wrote thank you.

Latest posts

Back