Greetings from Spain

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelsier

Reaction score
Hi people!

Yeah, I think I am the only one here, as most of you are from UK or USA.

So, I introduce briefly myself. Male, 32 years old, thin. Passionate about tech, reading, videogames and culture. Fan of Star Wars, Brandon Sanderson (You'd have imagined because of my nickname), and good food.

Why am I here? Well, I haven't had the chance to have many friends. Most of them are online, and because of this pandemic I think is hard to do some stuff. I am not very social to be honest, I am more like easy going, learn for myself, writing... so as you can imagine, this is one of the reasons I think is hard to meet new friends or even relationships. I can be shy, but if I gain confidence I usually bring good vibes and good sense of humor.

I am new to this community, so I am not sure from where to start  :)

TheRealCallie said:
Welcome :)

What types of food do you find good?

Any kind of food, but specially paella, seafood, soup. If we go for more junk food, pizza and hamburguer. Or even japanese food (sushi, ramen, etc.)

Finished said:
Welcome! Introducing yourself is a great start!

Thank you :). I tried to give as much detailed as possible.

TheRealCallie said:
Oh, you said pizza.  Now we get to the important issues.  What do you think of pineapple on pizza?  lol

I love it!

I was joking, I don't like it!

kelsier said:
TheRealCallie said:
Oh, you said pizza.  Now we get to the important issues.  What do you think of pineapple on pizza?  lol

I love it!

1gs1.gif

Let's not even joke about that one. lol

Oh, another question, do you just like eating/discussing the food or can you cook/bake it too?

TheRealCallie said:
kelsier said:
TheRealCallie said:

I love it!

1gs1.gif

Let's not even joke about that one. lol

Oh, another question, do you just like eating/discussing the food or can you cook/bake it too?

That's the reaction I expected!  :D

I mostly enjoy eating the food, I am not a great cooker/baker. Yes, I can cook simple dishes, but I am not quite a fan of the kitchen  :p

Alyosha said:
kelsier said:
Brandon Sanderson

I haven't read much by him, but Warbreaker was pretty good.

Welcome to the forum.

I agree that it was great, and I can tell you that this wasn't one of his best. If you want to read more about him, you can go first with Mistborn trilogy (the first one), and then you can go safely in Stormlight Archive saga. I can explain more details about him and his books, but it'd be too long to explain here.

Thank you :)

¡Bienvenue!

I've been to Barcelona and Madrid and I have some friends who currently live in Spain, it's an awesome place!

Welcome to the forums!

ewomack said:
¡Bienvenue!

I've been to Barcelona and Madrid and I have some friends who currently live in Spain, it's an awesome place!

Welcome to the forums!

So true! I'm glad that you've enjoyed visiting these beautiful cities

kelsier said:
ewomack said:
¡Bienvenue!

Welcome to the forums!

Hahah! And I meant "Bienvenidos" not "Bienvenue." I mix up French and Spanish often.

ewomack said:
kelsier said:
ewomack said:
¡Bienvenue!

Welcome to the forums!

Hahah! And I meant "Bienvenidos" not "Bienvenue." I mix up French and Spanish often.

Hahaha! I thought you were French because of this :D. But not, is not Bienvenidos, is Bienvenido (as the word is in singular and not plural :p )

kelsier said:
Hi people!

So, I introduce briefly myself. Male, 32 years old, thin. Passionate about tech, reading, videogames and culture. Fan of Star Wars, Brandon Sanderson (You'd have imagined because of my nickname), and good food.

Why am I here? Well, I haven't had the chance to have many friends. Most of them are online, and because of this pandemic I think is hard to do some stuff. I am not very social to be honest, I am more like easy going, learn for myself, writing... so as you can imagine, this is one of the reasons I think is hard to meet new friends or even relationships. I can be shy, but if I gain confidence I usually bring good vibes and good sense of humor.

HI Kelsier, welcome! I am pretty new myself too :)

BluestheCat said:
kelsier said:
Hi people!

HI Kelsier, welcome! I am pretty new myself too :)

Hi Bluesthecat! Thank you and welcome too. I hope you enjoy this forum  :)

kelsier said:
Hi people!

You never know! I was once an Englishspeaking forum like this, though it was a bit more active. Someone who lived in the same country (in Europe, not UK) as me PMed me and I asked him which city he lived in. It turned out we lived in the same city which took me some minutes to digest because I would have never expected such a coincidence. We met up (didn't get along though). Then this is less of a coincidence but another person in a neighbouring country I met on the same forum has been to the area I live in with his parents when he was a kid. There's a smallish hill nearby which he's been to as a kid and he's shown me old pics. It was cool. The internet can be a small place too 🙂.
Welcome to ALL

Myra said:
kelsier said:
Hi people!

You never know! I was once an Englishspeaking forum like this, though it was a bit more active. Someone who lived in the same country (in Europe, not UK) as me PMed me and I asked him which city he lived in. It turned out we lived in the same city which took me some minutes to digest because I would have never expected such a coincidence. We met up (didn't get along though). Then this is less of a coincidence but another person in a neighbouring country I met on the same forum has been to the area I live in with his parents when he was a kid. There's a smallish hill nearby which he's been to as a kid and he's shown me old pics. It was cool. The internet can be a small place too 🙂.
Welcome to ALL

Wow, that's a beautiful story!  :)  That's too coincidence, but as I see, internet can be smaller than I thought.

Thanks for sharing this!

kelsier said:
ewomack said:
kelsier said:
ewomack said:
¡Bienvenue!

Welcome to the forums!

Hahaha! I thought you were French because of this :D. But not, is not Bienvenidos, is Bienvenido (as the word is in singular and not plural :p )

Well, it should be obvious that Spanish is not my first language, but I thought you could use the plural for welcoming groups of people (which still wouldn't be appropriate in this particular case, of course). :)

In any case, ¡Bienvenido!

ewomack said:
kelsier said:
ewomack said:
kelsier said:
ewomack said:
¡Bienvenue!

Welcome to the forums!

Well, it should be obvious that Spanish is not my first language, but I thought you could use the plural for welcoming groups of people (which still wouldn't be appropriate in this particular case, of course). :)

In any case, ¡Bienvenido!

Yeah, Bienvenidos is for several people.

Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back