Greetings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dalo11

Hi there! I'm a 19 year old University Student who's been gradually realizing his situation in life ever since the age of 17....that is I've never really connected emotionally with anyone or anything. I'm a recluse and a loner (for the most part), I'm pretty sure most of my peers know it too. I always act friendly towards them (and everyone else) but they must realize that when I spend most of my lunch hours sitting in an abandoned hallway of our school on the third floor going over the days readings, I don't hang out with anyone. I'm a shy person in social situations, but not in professional one's. I always step up to the plate in a work related setting and can be a very good leader and public speaker when I want to be. There's just something that....compells me not to act in social situations and I don't know what it is. I don't have many friends, and the one's I have I only see maybe once every week or two (or three, or four or....). As you could probably guess, I don't have a girlfriend either, nor have I ever come close to having one (even though I'm a fit, smart, nice person who....ah what the heck, I have no personality, that's my problem). Anyway, before I ramble on too much longer, because of my overall social isolation, I've decided to repress my emotions and feelings deep down inside me so I won't care when I die completely alone at the age of 90. In short, everything's going good in my life except my social situation. I've got good marks, I enjoy and absolutely LOVE the vigorous workouts I do 5-6 times a week, and I've chosen a wicked job that I'll be able to do throughout University. Only problem is I'm a loner and I have no girlfriend (and will never have one. REPEAT: will never have one, it's just not gonna happen! I guarantee it! 19 years and still going! One person I know who's a scumbag criminal locked up behind bars has had 3 at least! It must be his personality......[/color]).

And I'm very sorry if I sounded a little akward or arrogant in my post. I'm a really friendly person if you want to talk to me. I'm just maybe a little too sarcastic at times which doesn't come off well on internet posts. I just needed to get some things off my chest. I hope to meet many of you!

Welcome to the forum

Judging by your post, I think you do have a personality. And don't worry about sounding arrogant. Sometimes you need to get it off your chest, like you said ^^

hehe, sarcasm + internet usually fails. Learned that the hard ways =)

Latest posts

Back