Guys, does anyone have a hard time having leisure

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

npc

Reaction score
So, i keep trying to do something else besides watching tv, but i have a hard time doing anything that is not passive. I used to play my guitar, draw, write, play games, but now-a-days it is just really hard to start anything. I keep spending my days in front of my monitor, wanting to do stuff, but i'm overcomed by some weird feeling of anxiety or something close to it. Anyone can relate?

So, i keep trying to do something else besides watching tv, but i have a hard time doing anything that is not passive. I used to play my guitar, draw, write, play games, but now-a-days it is just really hard to start anything. I keep spending my days in front of my monitor, wanting to do stuff, but i'm overcomed by some weird feeling of anxiety or something close to it. Anyone can relate?
I spend entire days, sometimes weeks doing nothing but watching YouTube videos. So yeah, I can relate. I feel that anxiety, that voice inside my head saying "this is pointless" and "you will fail" every time I try to work or hell even play video games.

I don't usually have a problem, I read regularly, I try to get outside. I do watch my streaming services, but I'm paying for that. So yes, I'm using that honeysuckle. Today, however, I'm having a hard time concentrating and relaxing. I know why, but that doesn't change anything. If anything, I'm glad there's an avenue of distraction which doesn't require being overly attentive.

It's just momentum. Start forcing yourself to do stuff early in the day. The more you sit around the harder it's gonna be so get exercise and stuff right when you wake up and then if you just sit around all day at least you got something done early but ideally it'll snowball and the positive energy will make you want to do more things which will result in more positive energy.

It's just momentum. Start forcing yourself to do stuff early in the day. The more you sit around the harder it's gonna be so get exercise and stuff right when you wake up and then if you just sit around all day at least you got something done early but ideally it'll snowball and the positive energy will make you want to do more things which will result in more positive energy.

Yep. I agree with this. You just have to make yourself because you'll never get anything done that you'd like to do if you don't give yourself a little push to get started. It might be difficult at first, but it will get easier.

I would say to go outside,try to get outside and go for a walk or run everyday,just depends on which one you want to do.

I have the same problem. I end up forcing myself to do things, which works out better some days than others. Regardless how much i get myself to do or not do, i never really feel rested. It's just a continual fight to be productive that i either lose in one way or lose the other.

Fair enough it does feel better to do stuff, it's just starting thats the problem, so i keep trying. Sometimes all thats needed is to get away from the screen, it kind of shakes you awake.

When it's really hot out like it is now I mostly sit inside, surf the Internet, watch movies, and watch TV. I do force myself to exercise every other evening. I also force myself to clean, organize, and get rid of stuff.

I guess without forcing myself to do things nothing would get done because in my life nothing really matters. I'd say being able to force myself to do things is one of my super powers. I should list that on that super power thread. ;)

I have a problem with this too. I don't really feel like doing much of anything. All I want to do is shut my brain off because as soon as I wake up in the morning, I start worrying about my life and the future. I think a lot about the loneliness and how difficult it is to cure it. I'm able to work (thank god for WFH), get in the gym, cook, and clean. I take walks and run errands. The rest of the time I rely on internet and tv to get me to focus on something other than my problems. Unfortunately I don't like a lot of the tv shows or movies, so more often than not I'm feeling bad about it, like I'm passing the time. I could be learning a new language, or something else that's productive. Instead I'm wasting the time and trying to justify it, calling it "relaxation time." I just don't have the kind of vitality inside of me to make better use of my free time.

I force myself to get out of the house to exercise, go cycling, walking, walking where there are other people, do some photography, go fishing, and I'm going to go check out a photography club on the 14th to hopefully meet people I can become friends with, BUT, to be perfectly honest, I don't seem to get a lot, if any, joy from doing those things. Probably because I don't have a companion to share the experiences with. I just keep myself occupied so I don't go nuts sitting in the house wondering what everyone else is doing in the real world. Honestly, I think if I lived in America, with a gun in the house, I'd be dead already.

I was just thinking the same about how I've let myself get into bad habits.
I watch far too much YouTube. But it's such a learning tool. I was born decades before the internet.we never had such a useful thing. Now I can learn about anything. My interests include politics, physical therapy, fingerstyle guitar, History, Psychology, philosophy and all kinds of music.
Problem now is Ive gone from mild introvert to extreme introvert. Maybe it's a sign of the modern world in general. Life is becoming deadening and soul less.
But Ive just started walking more. I take saunas too. Joined a gym but it's awfully crowded most of the time.
Ok I'm making excuses I know. My past experiences tell me that getting fit isn't the whole answer. But it's at least half the solution.

Latest posts

Back