Had enough of being lonely...I've somehow ended up living on my own.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deeppurple

Reaction score
Well,I never thought I'd be in this position, where I'm all by myself.
I've always had someone in my life,plus family & friends.
So,I'm not sure how I ended up so lonely.
I'd like to find ppl to talk to,even better, make friends.
But this depression that I would have come out of a long time ago,is not getting any better.
I do believe if I had family and friends around,things would have been a lot different.
Now,I'm at the point,I've lost myself...as my sense of humour has gone,which is really hurtful...as I always got through life with humour. Once that went,I know it is going to be hard to find my way back to being me.
My hobbies,interests don't hold the same pleasure.
Where I live is very rural,so there's not too many ppl here.
By,the time you get to my age,everyone has their circle of friends.
Like,I thought I had,but how things change.
I used to be able to talk away to anyone,now,I have nothing to talk about,so embarrassingly, I trip over my own words...that was never like me.
I do have M.E,and things were OK,when I could manage everything, by pacing myself...now its not as easy.
It hurts that ppl you love just start dropping off,makes one wonder...if they ever cared.
They don't want to bother with someone who isn't partying it up anymore it seems.
Having said that,I've done so much partying in my younger years,it's time to take it a little more easy...lol.
Hello,to everyone, I hope to be able to take part in this forum. To meet ppl,who understand our situation.
By the way,I love going to concerts,be nice if anyone wants to rock out with me at one....gently rock out lol.
Geez,I never know what to write in these sections,smh.
Just come and have a chat,that'll be great.

Welcome to the forum! Great first post!

It's very true as we get older friends seem to disappear and it becomes very difficult to make new ones. I, myself, have embraced my aloneness. I seek quite and stick to my hobbies. The family I loved is dead. I disowned the rest of them. I really can't imagine not being alone for the rest of my life.

Welcome to the forum! Great first post!

It's very true as we get older friends seem to disappear and it becomes very difficult to make new ones. I, myself, have embraced my aloneness. I seek quite and stick to my hobbies. The family I loved is dead. I disowned the rest of them. I really can't imagine not being alone for the rest of my life.
Hi...thank you for the hello.
It means a lot.
I'm the same,family has been heartache,it's so sad for that to happen,and it really hurts.
I don't know if I could manage to be alone always,yet often I accept that's the case.
Other times,I feel so desperate about it all.
But,it's difficult, as I'm not sure I can handle someone being constantly in my life.
My head does spin at times,as I don't know what to do.
Obviously, I would like a friend or two,but I've no idea now,how to be sociable like I used to be.
When you look around,it seems everyone has ppl & family...it hurts to see how some of us have become sidelined.
Sorry...long answer.
But,I understand what you said completely.
Thank you for the welcome xx

Thanks,Finished.
I'll try,but sometimes my anxiety kicks in.
Having and anxiety are very tiresome. But,just gotta keep battling it,along with the depression.
I've got my little dog who helps me,but she's getting elderly now. But,she's such a beautiful, soft soul.
Never thought it would come to just me and a dog.
Well,small mercies at least.
As,she has kept me going...we're a team(just with me doing everything lol) xx

Oh I think you will fit in here very well. Several of us have or had pets and are animal lovers! Pets are good for the soul.
True,I've had mainly dogs all my life...they are so loving.
A real animal lover...I can't abide any cruelty of any kind.
I think it actually does say a lot about a person,when it comes to being a lover of animals/pets.
Anyway, mine is snoring peacefully at the moment.
I'm like a new mother,I just need to look up at her and see her fast asleep,and I can't help but smile lovingly at her.
Her name's Pippi,as when I got her she was small enough to hold in one hand...I just thought ,ohh you're so tiny like a pip..seemed obvious from there what her name was going to be!

Attachments

• IMG_2022-09-15 10.05.27.jpg
    IMG_2022-09-15 10.05.27.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
But this depression that I would have come out of a long time ago,is not getting any better.
I do believe if I had family and friends around,things would have been a lot different.
Now,I'm at the point,I've lost myself...as my sense of humour has gone,which is really hurtful...as I always got through life with humour. Once that went,I know it is going to be hard to find my way back to being me.
I used to be able to talk away to anyone,now,I have nothing to talk about,so embarrassingly, I trip over my own words...that was never like me.
I do have M.E,and things were OK,when I could manage everything, by pacing myself...now its not as easy.
It hurts that ppl you love just start dropping off,makes one wonder...if they ever cared.
They don't want to bother with someone who isn't partying it up anymore it seems.
Having said that,I've done so much partying in my younger years,it's time to take it a little more easy...lol.
Hello,to everyone, I hope to be able to take part in this forum. To meet ppl,who understand our situation.
By the way,I love going to concerts,be nice if anyone wants to rock out with me at one....gently rock out lol.
I feel this in the depths of my soul and live a version of it everyday.

The difficult part for me is I'm an insanely outgoing middle-aged woman in a town of 13,000 people surrounded by smaller rural communities and I can't find people who like the things I'm interested in. I don't struggle to talk to people I struggle to find good connections .

Despite the fact our personalities are different, every evening I find myself alone and very lonely. The close friends I do have are consumed by family activities by that time and don't have time to talk. I spent 30 years building a network of humans so I would never be alone yet here I am.

Long story short (too late) I get it.

I'm hugging you

Hi. I can relate to what you say. I also never thought I would be in this position. I always had friends and family. Feels like I don’t know what happened to my life. It is a frightening feeling. Sometimes feeling like I am living in a nightmare.

Latest posts

Back