Happy alone...?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyLoner

Stupid, happy and serene =0)
Reaction score
Dear forum.
I just found this and not sure I should be allowed here, you decide.

Let me present myself :
I'm happily alone, my parents and relatives are all gone, I haven't (well, noone to be exact) celebrated my birthday for ten years, latest my phone rang was authorities having questions three weeks ago but I'm so happy and contempt with this, Iam truly free and can do whatever I want whenever I want =0)

I know i shouldn't be happy and contempt in my situation, i should be depressed and miserable but I'm just too stupid. I had a bad start in life and worked hard, I had to figure everything out myself so i was always two steps ahead everyone else, I have always been the helper helping everyone because i know life is honeysuckle. I was always helping friends building houses, casting foundations, fixing cars, fixing computers and everything else because occasionally Iam surprisingly smart. With my bad start in life I'm so happy being able to eat, sleep, excersice and create things on my "farm" without worrying.

After my divorce I got fed up helping people, I realized no one had any interest helping me when I needed help so when I stopped helping all "friends" stopped calling so it feels good to have cleaned out the false parasites. My divorce was a eye opener, my wife complained she only got flowers once a month and when I got us to a counselor (she didn't want to go) the counselor asked when my wife gave me flowers or similar and it went quiet, that had never happened. I cook, clean and wash myself because i have always done this from my life's start, my wife and I shared chores every second week so it was a equal household except my wife never fixed her or my car, fixed the house, garden or anything else, that was me. This woke me up, i kicked out my wife and got a better life. Now more than ten years later I'm so happy, I learned the hard way it is better being happy alone than used and miserable among "friends".

I'm doing good, my hard work made me able to retire at 42 years old, everything is paid and fixed, i have a couple of adult toys as motorbikes and cars that i had great interest in but with age you loose interest in burnouts, wheelies and topspeed, it is not fun anymore when nothing is broken and just works. I have not been to all countries in the world but if there would be a country i want to see i will go tomorrow but i know it is same misery all around the world, happiness is not something you will find somewhere in the world, you have to create it yourself on the exact spot you stand. I'm not a rich guy but I get by, I'm not sure loads of money makes anyone happier, not me at least.

Soo..why am i here ? After a week in cold flu i realized noone will notice when I die except for IRS when they don't get their tax in time so I'm kindly asking if there might be someone somewhere patient enough for some honeysuckle chat every now and then just to look after each other's ? If someone of us goes missing perhaps check what's going on ? I'm thinking some kind of network for us people in this situation where we just exchange interesting thoughts, report the idea of the day and latest crazy invention that worked lot better than we thought =0)

It's just an idea, let me know your thoughts and hey, this was my presentation.

Happy to be here =0)

Dear forum.

Let me present myself :
I'm happily alone, my parents and relatives are all gone, I haven't (well, noone to be exact) celebrated my birthday for ten years, latest my phone rang was authorities having questions three weeks ago but I'm so happy and contempt with this, Iam truly free and can do whatever I want whenever I want =0)

I know i shouldn't be happy and contempt in my situation, i should be depressed and miserable but I'm just too stupid. I had a bad start in life and worked hard, I had to figure everything out myself so i was always two steps ahead everyone else, I have always been the helper helping everyone because i know life is honeysuckle. I was always helping friends building houses, casting foundations, fixing cars, fixing computers and everything else because occasionally Iam surprisingly smart. With my bad start in life I'm so happy being able to eat, sleep, excersice and create things on my "farm" without worrying.

After my divorce I got fed up helping people, I realized no one had any interest helping me when I needed help so when I stopped helping all "friends" stopped calling so it feels good to have cleaned out the false parasites. My divorce was a eye opener, my wife complained she only got flowers once a month and when I got us to a counselor (she didn't want to go) the counselor asked when my wife gave me flowers or similar and it went quiet, that had never happened. I cook, clean and wash myself because i have always done this from my life's start, my wife and I shared chores every second week so it was a equal household except my wife never fixed her or my car, fixed the house, garden or anything else, that was me. This woke me up, i kicked out my wife and got a better life. Now more than ten years later I'm so happy, I learned the hard way it is better being happy alone than used and miserable among "friends".

I'm doing good, my hard work made me able to retire at 42 years old, everything is paid and fixed, i have a couple of adult toys as motorbikes and cars that i had great interest in but with age you loose interest in burnouts, wheelies and topspeed, it is not fun anymore when nothing is broken and just works. I have not been to all countries in the world but if there would be a country i want to see i will go tomorrow but i know it is same misery all around the world, happiness is not something you will find somewhere in the world, you have to create it yourself on the exact spot you stand. I'm not a rich guy but I get by, I'm not sure loads of money makes anyone happier, not me at least.

Soo..why am i here ? After a week in cold flu i realized noone will notice when I die except for IRS when they don't get their tax in time so I'm kindly asking if there might be someone somewhere patient enough for some honeysuckle chat every now and then just to look after each other's ? If someone of us goes missing perhaps check what's going on ? I'm thinking some kind of network for us people in this situation where we just exchange interesting thoughts, report the idea of the day and latest crazy invention that worked lot better than we thought =0)

Happy to be here =0)
Welcome to the forums :)

Hey, nice having you here. I am open to chat here on pm if you'd like. Not gonna say no to more connections.

You might wanna check out the discord server though.

I think your life situation qualifies you to belong here and I'm glad that you are.
We may have a few things in common....I'm alone a lot, no family or relatives and no friendships. But I don't really know what lonely even means and I'm reasonably contented being alone. Also, if I died, it could be weeks before anyone noticed.
But being alive is still fairly interesting and not all bad.
Our paths may cross on this forum from time to time.

Thank you @Random guy.

@Sunless Sky I will have a looksie at the discord, no reason inventing new wheels. If you have more tips I'm all ears.

@constant stranger Thank you, looking forward to learning this forum. It's somewhat funny i never thought of googling this for more than ten years, it never crossed my mind until the flu =0)

Sounds like the life. I wish I had the more honorable retirement package instead of how I live now. One thing in my favor is that I never bothered with marriage or any long-term relationship, and in the rare cases where I did go out on dates, I was actually relieved when it was over. Sex really reveals the ugliness in humanity. I have a whole rant about that but don't want to ruin your thread.

@nothing to do Please ruin my thread if you want to, I'm interested hearing your thoughts and thankful if you want to invest your time here or in your specific thread where you tag me so I can find your elaborations. For me being able thinking new thoughts i need help from all you others outside my mind.
/HL.

@nothing to do Please ruin my thread if you want to, I'm interested hearing your thoughts and thankful if you want to invest your time here or in your specific thread where you tag me so I can find your elaborations. For me being able thinking new thoughts i need help from all you others outside my mind.
/HL.
Well I have come to appreciate that there are good and beautiful things in the world, and there is good and evil in the world. The whole Nietzschean "beyond good and evil" nonsense never sat well with me and now I know just what it was getting at, and it certainly isn't anything good in any sense of the concept. Once upon a time I wanted to make video games - still do but I put it aside - and I asked myself what made a video game interesting. I got really bored of games that try to do "clever" callbacks and over-the-top nostalgia, same thing with a lot of movies and TV shows. The video games I've really liked were inspired by something real, and there was a trend in video games to move away from that and produce familiar escapism, where the point of the game was to reproduce a genre without understanding what made the original games interesting. I liked Pikmin, and Miyamoto said he got the inspiration from thinking about his vegetable garden. There was a similar inspiration with the Zelda games, and Mario was an idea of simple escapism and fantasy that works well for any age and in any culture. So I thought a lot about games, and I learned a maxim that bad game design breeds bad behavior of the player base. Games that move away from compelling and meaningful choices often draw in people who want some pleasure button to be pressed, big offender here is the later Civilization games. I ragequit one day because some snot-nosed players were nagging me about DLC, like I wanted to pay extra money for a few new doodads that in an earlier age would have been free or part of a larger expansion pack. It was reminiscent of snotty rich kids making fun of me for wearing the wrong clothes or not having the correct toys. What was the fun if it's all about status symbols to please a bunch of jerks? Anyway I guess this is a ramble but the moral of the story is to not let the shitty stuff interfere with your own growth. I'm finally at a point where I've found something I enjoy, where before I was too indulgent in escapism and trying to avoid large parts of the world's knowledge. It's not always pleasant to read history - many times it reads like a horrorshow and there is lots of bad history and bad philosophy - but it's at least better for me to know how I'm getting screwed then it is to wait for it to happen yet again.

It doesn't hurt to cultivate an inner space away from the world, too. I've always had a problem with clutter. One design decision I like to stick to is to keep it simple. I have a website where it's just plain text, HTML tags, and links, and I want to keep it that way. IMO the Internet moving away from a library and a place where people can share genuine ideas really made communication toxic. There's a whole history to that too, and how users were herded to social media and now Discord is attacking traditional forums. I'm happy ALL is still up. I lurked occasionally but decided now is the time to take the plunge.

Interesting how we landed in same opinion from opposite paths. I have never been into gaming so I can not share that experience with you but just as you I have started looking into history as we seem to repeat same mistakes over and over again. We may have fancy sparkling toys but humans have not evolved, perhaps the hard work fostered humans into better humans than today. Prestige/status is a fascinating subject, I'm trying to understand how people think they are better if they wear certain clothes or paint their faces in certain ways (makeup). I have always despiced people throwing loads of money on fancy jeans, bags, shirt, car etc instead of investing in land, property, stocks etc, i just don't get the thing with status. Wearing expensive bling shoes will never make me smarter, faster, stronger or anything, it is still same person just a little poorer because they bought expensive shoes instead of something useful. Tried logging into the discord but to awkward using the webinterface and I will just not install any app channeling and controlling my information, I need my freedom.

Interesting how we landed in same opinion from opposite paths. I have never been into gaming so I can not share that experience with you but just as you I have started looking into history as we seem to repeat same mistakes over and over again. We may have fancy sparkling toys but humans have not evolved, perhaps the hard work fostered humans into better humans than today. Prestige/status is a fascinating subject, I'm trying to understand how people think they are better if they wear certain clothes or paint their faces in certain ways (makeup). I have always despiced people throwing loads of money on fancy jeans, bags, shirt, car etc instead of investing in land, property, stocks etc, i just don't get the thing with status. Wearing expensive bling shoes will never make me smarter, faster, stronger or anything, it is still same person just a little poorer because they bought expensive shoes instead of something useful. Tried logging into the discord but to awkward using the webinterface and I will just not install any app channeling and controlling my information, I need my freedom.
For me it's not so much that I don't believe people should splurge, or that people should be given over to economic austerity. It's that the things people are pursuing are so ridiculous and obviously not bringing them anything good. I never understood the obsession with status symbols, especially when those status symbols are forgotten the next day and never matter for anything important. I guess part of it is that people can't get the land or property, and there's a lot of problems with stock since the stock market is based on a lot of BS to inflate it. If you were able to make the stock market work for you, then that's great - get in while you can. What I don't understand is people wasting away their money and going into debt for things that are so clearly nothing. Even though I was a spendthrift, I was always a believer that if I'm going to buy something for entertainment or luxury, I had better be able to explain to myself why I want this thing and what I'm going to do with it. I wasted a lot of money on video games that I wish I hadn't and wasted my mom's money, something I felt guilty about. But then my mom bought lots of silly things - in her case not status symbols, but instead she would keep buying clothes that she thought she was going to give to her grandkids, and then dog clothes. It was a way for her to cope I guess. I still find what she did less absurd than people who think wasting money on status for the approval of their workplace rivals is the great game. At least with my mom's hoarding of clothes she did it because she thought it would buy affection and the grandkids would like it. There's just nothing to this race between competitors to look richer than you are and wind up poorer, and there's definitely nothing to being a snot-nosed middle class kid ragging on people who won't buy shitty DLC. It's a whole other thing for people to be proud of wasting their money, and to make excuses to think this behavior is somehow meritorious. That gets me more than anything my mom did, as far as being outrageous and stupid to my impressions.

Today I live pretty cheap though I splurge on getting nicer food than I used to. There's so much on the internet that is free and not even pirated that I don't think I'll run out of things to read and think about, and I still have a lot of those video games. The thing I fear is losing my house suddenly and having my computer and progress towards writing taken away from me, and I know if something goes wrong the powers that be will try to beat me into a catastrophe.

Dear forum.

Let me present myself :

Happy to be here =0)
Welcome to the forums! I'm in a similar situation except I stopped working at 40. I have no desire to go to any other countries though. I've seen enough.

Welcome to the forums! I'm in a similar situation except I stopped working at 40. I have no desire to go to any other countries though. I've seen enough.
Im so happy there is one more like me =0) I traveled around the world for 20 years working and realized you can only create your own happiness where you stand, happiness can not be chased or found somewhere in the world. Once i realized this there is nowhere i want to travel and boy do people think I'm stupid, I've been rejected so many times for holding this view =0)

For me it's not so much that I don't believe people should splurge, or that people should be given over to economic austerity. It's that the things people are pursuing are so ridiculous and obviously not bringing them anything good. I never understood the obsession with status symbols, especially when those status symbols are forgotten the next day and never matter for anything important. I guess part of it is that people can't get the land or property, and there's a lot of problems with stock since the stock market is based on a lot of BS to inflate it. If you were able to make the stock market work for you, then that's great - get in while you can. What I don't understand is people wasting away their money and going into debt for things that are so clearly nothing. Even though I was a spendthrift, I was always a believer that if I'm going to buy something for entertainment or luxury, I had better be able to explain to myself why I want this thing and what I'm going to do with it. I wasted a lot of money on video games that I wish I hadn't and wasted my mom's money, something I felt guilty about. But then my mom bought lots of silly things - in her case not status symbols, but instead she would keep buying clothes that she thought she was going to give to her grandkids, and then dog clothes. It was a way for her to cope I guess. I still find what she did less absurd than people who think wasting money on status for the approval of their workplace rivals is the great game. At least with my mom's hoarding of clothes she did it because she thought it would buy affection and the grandkids would like it. There's just nothing to this race between competitors to look richer than you are and wind up poorer, and there's definitely nothing to being a snot-nosed middle class kid ragging on people who won't buy shitty DLC. It's a whole other thing for people to be proud of wasting their money, and to make excuses to think this behavior is somehow meritorious. That gets me more than anything my mom did, as far as being outrageous and stupid to my impressions.

Today I live pretty cheap though I splurge on getting nicer food than I used to. There's so much on the internet that is free and not even pirated that I don't think I'll run out of things to read and think about, and I still have a lot of those video games. The thing I fear is losing my house suddenly and having my computer and progress towards writing taken away from me, and I know if something goes wrong the powers that be will try to beat me into a catastrophe.
In my opinion I hold your relatives hoarding of clothes and stuff just as bad as pointless spending buying a bottle champagne on a night club, the result is waste of resources, material and energy for producing and further energyconsumption for waste management of the unnecessary overload of garbage and that hurts me breathing same air and drinking same water on this planet (most people don't want to realize the water they drink already passed through thousands of mammals before them, water is never "new" only filtered). But I have no right stopping them, merely my right to a opinion of what you describe and side with you. Regarding the stock market I need this exercise for my brain for being able to sleep, there is no one to play chess or discuss our democratic state here with me so left is this chaos generator called stock market. After studying i understood i can use stock market as a betting office, there is situations where i have a statistical advantage for my bets going right way and if placing small bets (10usd) the end result after 10-20 bets is positive but it is a thieves market, what someone gains is someone else's loss so I'm not proud of this hobby. I rather discuss my crazy projects of growing potatoes, salvia, tomatoes and basil in buckets in my basement with cheap led growing lights experimenting with chemical fertilizers. It creates a nice atmosphere in my gloomy basement and keeps my brain tired =0)

I've been of the notion that when many countries switched from Beet or Cane sucrose, that is when people started to become overweight, from the High Fructose Corn Syrup. I'm sure there are other issues, like low thyroid problems as well, which also seemed to increase over time as well. If I buy a Coca-Cola made in Mexico, I can tell the difference in taste, for instance, as they still use sucrose as the sweetener. Tastes much better than a HFCS Coca-Cola does.

Latest posts

Back