hatred makes people kill other people. loneliness makes people kill themselves. which one is worse, tell me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suicide is a morality issue, moralities differ. Murder has no justification in any scenario.

Then again I think suicidal people suffer from intense self hatred.

Murder is worse.

I don't know if ALL suicidal people suffer from self hatred or loneliness... I think mostly they're people that feel intense pain in their lives (to put it mildly) and truly believe they have no other way out. Whether that pain stems from self hatred or loneliness... or something else entirely, idk. It's possible they could develop both AFTER deciding to end their lives. Pushing people away because you've already made up your mind, causing the loneliness. A lot of negative self talk to rationalize to yourself why you should do it. "I don't deserve to live anyway", "Everyone will be better off without me", "I lost the genetic lottery" It's not an easy thing to do, especially since we're basically programmed for survival. So for some self hatred could be more of a coping mechanism to get them through their suicide than the reason for it.

*This is just me rambling, obviously I'm not an expert.*

Assisted Suicide... one person kills another because they can't physically do it themselves. Usually because of a terminal illness that's causing a great deal of suffering. There's at least one clinic I know of, in the Netherlands, for euthanasia. There are probably more. If you think about it, we love our pets and we do this for them instead of forcing them to live miserably at the end of their lives. I'm not saying kill all the old people, but if some one is in agony and they are going to die anyway (after a lot more suffering)... who are we to tell them that they can't end their pain, because it bothers our "morals"?

Also, I don't believe hatred is the only reason people kill.

https://www.acsedu.co.uk/Info/Psychology-and-Counselling/Applied-Psychology/Why-Do-People-Kill.aspx

Assisted Suicide... one person kills another because they can't physically do it themselves. Usually because of a terminal illness that's causing a great deal of suffering. There's at least one clinic I know of, in the Netherlands, for euthanasia. There are probably more. If you think about it, we love our pets and we do this for them instead of forcing them to live miserably at the end of their lives. I'm not saying kill all the old people, but if some one is in agony and they are going to die anyway (after a lot more suffering)... who are we to tell them that they can't end their pain, because it bothers our "morals"?

https://www.acsedu.co.uk/Info/Psychology-and-Counselling/Applied-Psychology/Why-Do-People-Kill.aspx
Euthanasia...has always been a topic that interests me. Probably because my parents followed the Kevorkian case back when and supported him completely. The argument that we put our animals asleep so they won't suffer and call it humane but we let our beloved elderly and terminally I'll suffer because of our own selfishness has always put a stutter in the argument.

I don't think that loneliness is the only reason people kill themselves...believing so would be oversimplifing it to say the least.
I also don't believe that hatred is the only reason people kill....another oversimplification.

~C

My loneliness is caused by rejection from women, loneliness causes me depression sometimes and then eventually it leads to hate especially as men don't get any help and women have no compassion for men who suffer because Women think its only they who are entitled to have a happy life which feeds my hatred even more. Blaming incels is similar to blaming the poor for having no food and being angry about it

I don't think it's hatred, because most people don't really know what that word really is. The word is thrown around all willy nilly. Honestly, just like love. I don't believe you can hate someone if you don't care for them.
I think it's more anger that makes people do that. And anger is something that you, yourself can control or not control. It's easier to be angry than it is to look at WHY and find a civilized solution. Anger is often just another excuse.

hmm thats quite a question. i cant really pick a side as both are means of taking one's life.
people say the ends justify the means but in a world where we live in, where everything's been polarized and even scientific facts are questioned on a daily basis for profit, im glad people still ponder these types of questions.
anywaysssss, killing is bad but in some cases it cant really be helped.
it all boils down to your reason for doing it. dont get me wrong, no one should kill themselves.
but sometimes people just need a way out you know?

Ofcourse homicide is way worse than suicide. You hate your life and you want to take it out on other people. Some people are like that. They don't like themselves or their life and they think it's okay to bully other people. I think it's pure evil. When I'm angry or sad, I don't try to find myself a victim to make myself feel better. Because I don't have a right to do that.
Suicide is wrong in a different way. I don't look down on suicidal people as I look down on bullies or murderers. I'm not suicidal but you never know what life has in store for you. Suicidal people can't think straight. They need to change their perspective. But it's hard when you are depressed. So, I think suicide is wrong and useless but I have sympathy for suicidal people.

Ofcourse homicide is way worse than suicide. You hate your life and you want to take it out on other people. Some people are like that. They don't like themselves or their life and they think it's okay to bully other people. I think it's pure evil. When I'm angry or sad, I don't try to find myself a victim to make myself feel better. Because I don't have a right to do that.
Suicide is wrong in a different way. I don't look down on suicidal people as I look down on bullies or murderers. I'm not suicidal but you never know what life has in store for you. Suicidal people can't think straight. They need to change their perspective. But it's hard when you are depressed. So, I think suicide is wrong and useless but I have sympathy for suicidal people.
What do you mean “useless “

Murder is worse.

I don't know if ALL suicidal people suffer from self hatred or loneliness... I think mostly they're people that feel intense pain in their lives (to put it mildly) and truly believe they have no other way out. Whether that pain stems from self hatred or loneliness... or something else entirely, idk. It's possible they could develop both AFTER deciding to end their lives. Pushing people away because you've already made up your mind, causing the loneliness. A lot of negative self talk to rationalize to yourself why you should do it. "I don't deserve to live anyway", "Everyone will be better off without me", "I lost the genetic lottery" It's not an easy thing to do, especially since we're basically programmed for survival. So for some self hatred could be more of a coping mechanism to get them through their suicide than the reason for it.

*This is just me rambling, obviously I'm not an expert.*

Some people truly feel that they were not meant for this world. We didn’t ask to be born, right? Life is a pointless endeavor full of pain and anguish

Strange when we're lonely we would give anything to have a partner and then eventually want to murder them (not always). So many murders started out as amazing love stories?

Regarding suicide, some cultures revere it as a way to redeem yourself after a disgrace. They see it as honorable.

Murder is eliminating a personal problem without needing strategy or intelligence. Purely selfish.

I'm trying to think of a case were murder is not personal. Serial killer? Personal satisfaction. Assassination? Personal political views even when the excuse is "for the good of the people."

Suicide is a morality issue, moralities differ. Murder has no justification in any scenario.
I think that's a little bit relative. If someone hadn't tried to murder Hitler, things would've been way worse. If he hadn't commited suicide, it may have been required.
I think murder is a morality question as well. Mind you, I think neither is good. But I do believe there can be, very VERY rarely, justification for both.
That being said. Both are pretty bad. Deciding which is worse is morbid speculation...

I would say murder. Pure math. When you murder, you have no idea how many living would suffer loss, how many lives you turned upside down. In suicide you know.

Precious snowflakes are largely responsible for suicides imho. Because if you tell someone, that you don't like, the truth, they may hate you, but if you insist on lying to them to 'protect their feelings', they'll hate themselves.. There's nothing more selfish than telling someone a lie under the guise of protecting them, because in the end, you're only protecting yourself. And the more people get 'protected' the less they're able to get used to the hard truths of this world, and so the lightest of truths will send them spiraling down a rabbit hole..

And when people are constantly taught to censor themselves for fear of offending the precious snowflakes, it's a wonder so many people leave this world in silence..

When I hear of people committing suicide because they were bullied on facebook.. After everything I've been through; after everything that so many have done to me, and to my face, in real life.. It's mind boggling to me..
In suicide you know.
Not always true. Many end their lives from the sense that no one around them would care, or even miss them.

Latest posts

Back