Have you ever felt lonely in a crowded place? Have you ever felt happy when you were all by yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always feel lonely at parties and in work canteens. I just don't relate to most of what people talk about or I find people silly, talking nonsense.
Sometimes I enjoy listening if it's an interesting subject but then I find it hard to join in.
When I try to talk people seem to have difficulty following, like they don't know what I'm on about. I'm not sure if it's just my personality or if it's getting worse with illness.
I am happy alone but I like discussing current events with others (like one person at a time) so I seek company out (usually my long suffering husband who has no idea what I'm rambling on about, ever).

Last edited:
I feel lonely all the time. I do spend a large amount of time alone and I am more used to it than I would like to be, but when there are people everywhere, I find that I have I've forgotten how to interact with others face to face. I tend to just stand on the fringes and wish someone would talk to me... then when they do I feel like sprinting for the door.

I've lost count of the occasions when I have felt lonely in a crowded place. I have been sat with good company, and felt lonely. I live in a neighbourhood that makes me feel lonely.

To elaborate, it started back in school. Lessons would be taking place, and I would be lost staring out of the window. I am either good at something, or awful, no inbetween. They never taught me anything that I wanted to learn, this felt pretty much without value.

Currently, I live in a typical post-industrial town. Despite having a desirable postcode, and a historic old house, the now growing community is low-rent. Educational and moral values aren't great. Infants are pushed out of teenage wombs, clutching cigarettes and alcohol. They will grow into 3rd or 4th generation unemployment. Their dreams and aspirations will be about fake tans or growing hallucinogenic substances.

I simply do not fit in.

Latest posts

Back