Have you ever...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, many. I used to do track and field stuff.

Have you ever acted in revenge with serious consequences?

Have you ever acted in revenge with serious consequences?

Almost, a couple times. Thank goodness I didn't get a chance to act on my anger. I was just thinking about this the other day. About 10 years ago a bunch of (probably) drunk ******** were harassing me and my friends while we were playing tennis in a local park. One of the guys we were with just brushed it off sarcastically, which was probably the correct thing to do. But I was mad like a Joe Pesci character in a Scorcese movie. For the audacity these kids had, I wanted blood. Eventually all of them actually came to the park to fight us. But no one else wanted to, so we just drove home and called the police.

Eventually I found one of the guy's cars who was bothering us, it had some distinct appearance mods - I followed the guy to his night school, pulled up in my car and told him I knew who he was, where he lived, and not to fresia with us. He made up some lie about it not being him because he was out of the country, but it was the guy. I didn't know what I was going to do...I wasn't in berserk mode, so I thought it's not worth escalating, I made my point, hopefully gave him a little scare, I can drop it and go home.

Another time, some kids flipped me off while I was driving home from my friend's house. That turned into a several hours car chase across 3 suburbs. Again I didn't know what I was going to do when I caught them - but I snapped out of it eventually when I realized that I could either go on vacation tomorrow (which I was set to do), or jail. I was able to see that vacation was the wiser choice.

Should I have done things like that? No, probably not. But I wanted to push back instead of getting pushed around. Still, I should have just sarcastically brushed off those people instead of losing control. Cause if I'm not really going to do anything, then getting all mad is just hot air. And if I am going to do something, then I'm going to jail, and it's not worth it.

I try not to act on that stuff anymore. I haven't been in a situation that could have turned into a physical fight in years (aside from a few online altercations). Mostly I haven't been given the chance and I am trying to think more clearly and prioritize other things. It really is true that when you are engaged in something, you don't have the mental capacity to be bothered by things, and I think one reason I was so insulted and bothered is cause I wasnt doing enough, because I didn't think I could, which is a separate topic in and of itself.

Similar idea - have you ever used martial arts training in an actual fight?

Last edited:
Me too! I was a sprinter. I liked doing the high hurdles. Although I hated anything longer I could usually get 3rd or 4th in the 440 or 880 yards. So, the coach kept putting me in those events to make points for the team. I also did high jump, long jump, and discus. But, the older I got the further down I placed.

Ive been dressed up as a cowboy before, back when i was little.

Have you ever listened to hardstyle?

Latest posts

Back