Health nut or junk food junky

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm somewhere in between.

I like to eat healthy when it is possible, which is not as often as I would like.

But I run and walk a lot, and I try to drink lots of water every day.

Still, I enjoy sweets from time to time. My current favorite is putting peanut butter on chocolate chip cookies and making a sort of sandwich out of it. Chocolate and peanut butter is a great flavor combo!

I try to eat healthy, lots of fruit and veg, starchy carbs, wholegrains, beans and lentils, fish and all that stuff but I can't resist Kentucky fried chicken or proper Turkish kebabs ( not the crap you get on the high street )'.

I don't have a sweet tooth so hardly ever eat sweets.

To be honest all my meals are extremely easy to prepare because in the mornings I blend celery and eat eggs that's around 11am I don't eat breakfast I intermittent fast, so I eat lunch and dinner which dinner is usually a bit more variety either protein like grass fed Beef or chicken or fish and fruits like blueberries, grapes and some nuts like almonds maybe a salad and when I need something more sweet I will just take a couple of scoops of coconut oil but don't be fooled this isn't a daily thing if I cannot find these things I compromise and eat what I can usually for dinner.

Chocolate.
I'm a sucker for chocolate.
Also, burritos, pasta, and other potentially healthier-than-chocolate-but-still-probably-not-healthy foods.
And I'm significantly more proactive about my health now that I'm 34 years old, than I was when I was in my teens and early to middle 20s.
Namely for the sake of my resume and career, having always worked in physical labor jobs.
I have a slim - average male body type. Genetically my muscles don't bulk, they grow in lean, like my fathers do, who has always been healthier and up until about a decade ago was indeed stronger than I was for the fact that he's an oldschool automechanic.
The physical result is that, like my father, I'm stronger than I look.
So I can't go the Fabio route, my body just genetically will not do that.
At the absolute most, I could pull off slim and toned.
Likewise, I didn't give a **** to when I was younger, because most younger men were doing it entirely for superficial reasons, often incorrectly and hurting themselves accidentally, which lead them to stop and lose it.
I was more drawn to the liberal arts as an outlet. 🤷‍♂️
Fighting your health and age I feel is a much more worthy fight of my attention than the competition of fighting for mating.
I want to be at my best when my time comes to meet the reaper with his plough.
I have a tendency to approach things in my life from the perspective of my inevitable death, because that's the punchline of being alive to me, so that's the focal point of which I reverse-engineer most of my deductive reasoning from.
Could comically say that I'm preparing for my death in my life in the same way that a bride prepares to meet the groom at the altar for a wedding.
Not that a plan on dying anytime soon, just, that's my focal point, that's what gives me inspiration and motivation. Different strokes for different folks.

dark chocolate is healthy it stimulates the brain
I was on a dark chocolate binge for a think I couple years. I really got to love the 98% chocolate bars. I even started ordering/eating chocolate nibs. I figured it was healthy candy.

Unfortunately, I learned that cocoa can relax a person's lower esophageal sphincter and allow acid to come up into their throat. I already had that problem. All that chocolate made it much worse and badly, permanently, damaged my throat. So, I had to give that up too.

But, I'm sure you only eat a little bit here and there. I have an addictive personality. If I really like something I will over do it, eat it, smoke it, or whatever. IRL, I take things WAY further then the average person. So, I've had to remove anything I really like from my life and be satisfying with okay.

I do it in moderation, never try colloidal silver then if you take way to much of it this will happen
Papa Smurf does exist! See I told others on this forum that Smurfs are real and live among us. I've been searching for Smurfette for years. I have lots of videos of her. But, I have yet to see her out in public. ;)

Papa Smurf does exist! See I told others on this forum that Smurfs are real and live among us. I've been searching for Smurfette for years. I have lots of videos of her. But, I have yet to see her out in public. ;)
I bet she is out there a couple (a lot) of bottles of Colloidal silver and you can make your dreams come true

I'm a junk food junky, and I can't do anything about it. I have this undeniable craving for all things fried, cheesy, and sugary. It's as if I have a secret love affair with chips, burgers, and chocolate. But you know what's strange? There's one exception to my junk food obsession – sweet potato casserole.
Yes, amidst my love for all things greasy and indulgent, I have this inexplicable affection for sweet potato casserole. It's like my taste buds have this hidden compartment reserved exclusively for the sweet, creamy, and comforting goodness of a well-made sweet potato casserole. The soft, caramelized sweet potatoes, the hint of cinnamon, and that glorious marshmallow topping – it's a symphony of flavors that somehow manages to break through my junk food fortress.
If you're as intrigued as I am about this unique culinary contradiction, check out here for some mouthwatering sweet potato casserole recipes that might just make you a convert too!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back