heavens to betsy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrong

Silent Hill
Reaction score
>re-install windows after it crapped out after having worked for years
>everything perfect
>decide to change boot logo
>crash
>having to re-install windows AGAIN

Attachments

• windows-3-1-logo-1024x467.jpg
    windows-3-1-logo-1024x467.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 5
>re-install windows after it crapped out after having worked for years
>everything perfect
>decide to change boot logo
>crash
>having to re-install windows AGAIN
Uggghhhhh! That's so **** frustrating. Then re-installing all the software on top of that. Blaaaaaaa. I've been imaging my harddrives for about 20 years now though. I mostly use the older version of Paragon. Matter of fact it's about due to do that again. I've got a lot of new stuff on this harddrive. Plus this hard drive is starting to get a lot of hours on it.

Uggghhhhh! That's so **** frustrating. Then re-installing all the software on top of that. Blaaaaaaa. I've been imaging my harddrives for about 20 years now though. I mostly use the older version of Paragon. Matter of fact it's about due to do that again. I've got a lot of new stuff on this harddrive. Plus this hard drive is starting to get a lot of hours on it.
yeah i've been thinking of doing images too, its just i've never tried that (amazingly) and yeah dude getting the software on it again is a nightmare, i been working on it all day and night. luckily its running good again now haha

i use a lot of older software etc, heck i still use paint shop pro 4 and i still use windows 7

yeah i've been thinking of doing images too, its just i've never tried that (amazingly) and yeah dude getting the software on it again is a nightmare, i been working on it all day and night. luckily its running good again now haha

i use a lot of older software etc, heck i still use paint shop pro 4 and i still use windows 7
Good!

Ha! ha! Two of my machines are Win7. My main tower is XP pro. I have sooooo much older software. It all works great too. I still program in VB6. I also have another XP pro laptop that I security patched with an odd windows server so I can still use it with the updated security websites. But, our days are definitley numbered. Ha! Ha!

Good!

Ha! ha! Two of my machines are Win7. My main tower is XP pro. I have sooooo much older software. It all works great too. I still program in VB6. I also have another XP pro laptop that I security patched with an odd windows server so I can still use it with the updated security websites. But, our days are definitley numbered. Ha! Ha!
Oh dude I use even older than that, got an Amiga 1200 (that i soon hope to expand even further than I already have) and an Ultimate 64 (which basically is an uber pimped Commodore 64). I'm also a programmer, I've been doing a lot with Python lately but usually I use Assembler or TASM+

Yeah I been noticing some stuff is like Windows 10 only now, but I really don't want to hop over to Windows 10. I'm keeping it off for as long as I possibly can. Whats even worse are these newer tools that are like online and subscription only. I absolutely hate those. I just want the software with preferably a serial or a crack (or both) and now they wanna make the new windows as a "remote OS" also, basically meaning that its running over there at M$ HQ.

I definitely don't want that. I had enough problems hopping over from Amiga to PC back in 1997 but I'm never hopping over to anything ever again. (unless very very maybe Linux) Specially not Apple, I hate Apple computers with a passion. So if future windows is like only online or some crap I'll just keep using all the old stuff, I just don't care. Either that or maybe hop over to Linux. Mind you I don't know crap about Linux, but at least you can just run it on your own PC.

Oh dude I use even older than that, got an Amiga 1200 (that i soon hope to expand even further than I already have) and an Ultimate 64 (which basically is an uber pimped Commodore 64). I'm also a programmer, I've been doing a lot with Python lately but usually I use Assembler or TASM+

Yeah I been noticing some stuff is like Windows 10 only now, but I really don't want to hop over to Windows 10. I'm keeping it off for as long as I possibly can. Whats even worse are these newer tools that are like online and subscription only. I absolutely hate those. I just want the software with preferably a serial or a crack (or both) and now they wanna make the new windows as a "remote OS" also, basically meaning that its running over there at M$ HQ.

I definitely don't want that. I had enough problems hopping over from Amiga to PC back in 1997 but I'm never hopping over to anything ever again. (unless very very maybe Linux) Specially not Apple, I hate Apple computers with a passion. So if future windows is like only online or some crap I'll just keep using all the old stuff, I just don't care. Either that or maybe hop over to Linux. Mind you I don't know crap about Linux, but at least you can just run it on your own PC.
Ha! ha! Wow! That's impressive that you are still using your 64. One dinosaur to another. You are preaching to the choir. I used to program Z80 machine language on TRS80s and Tandy Color Computers and some basic programming. I started young. Then I switched to Pascal then Turbo Pascal then C then VB6 then C++. I did some PHP & MySql programming. I still like that. It's a good setup. But, at the time everybody wanted to use Microshaft stuff so I didn't do anything with it except for myself. But, when things moved more to object oriented programming and portal code I stopped learning new stuff. I could see all the security problems doing that could cause. Now everything is about slapping different pieces of code from who knows where just to get something working sort of. OMG! Everything is so bloated and full of holes now I'm surprised everything isn't completely hacked. I'm sure much of the software is setup to phone home and dump all the gathered information to use or sell later.

It is funny and sad that we all started out using main frames. Then everything went to individual computers, which has been great. BUt, now we are going back to main frames via Internet connections. Everything is a pay for service too. When I buy software I want to use it forever however I want to use it. I don't want a **** subscription and no control over it. Oh well. Now everything I do is just for me and for fun. So, I will keep my stuff going until I can no longer get parts to keep it running. I like using Arduinos. I like the simple interface and programming in C.

I've installed various versions of Linux on multiboot drives. But, I've hated every version I've tried. It was neccesary back when I was War Driving and connecting to whatever Wifi I wanted too. I've also had many problems with every version I've tried. Linux is awesome for small devices. But, I just don't like it as a computer operating system. I like old school windows.

Ha! ha! Wow! That's impressive that you are still using your 64. One dinosaur to another. You are preaching to the choir. I used to program Z80 machine language on TRS80s and Tandy Color Computers and some basic programming. I started young. Then I switched to Pascal then Turbo Pascal then C then VB6 then C++. I did some PHP & MySql programming. I still like that. It's a good setup. But, at the time everybody wanted to use Microshaft stuff so I didn't do anything with it except for myself. But, when things moved more to object oriented programming and portal code I stopped learning new stuff. I could see all the security problems doing that could cause. Now everything is about slapping different pieces of code from who knows where just to get something working sort of. OMG! Everything is so bloated and full of holes now I'm surprised everything isn't completely hacked. I'm sure much of the software is setup to phone home and dump all the gathered information to use or sell later.

It is funny and sad that we all started out using main frames. Then everything went to individual computers, which has been great. BUt, now we are going back to main frames via Internet connections. Everything is a pay for service too. When I buy software I want to use it forever however I want to use it. I don't want a **** subscription and no control over it. Oh well. Now everything I do is just for me and for fun. So, I will keep my stuff going until I can no longer get parts to keep it running. I like using Arduinos. I like the simple interface and programming in C.

I've installed various versions of Linux on multiboot drives. But, I've hated every version I've tried. It was neccesary back when I was War Driving and connecting to whatever Wifi I wanted too. I've also had many problems with every version I've tried. Linux is awesome for small devices. But, I just don't like it as a computer operating system. I like old school windows.
Tandy! Oh wow! thats awesome man! Thats like old-old-oldskool! I love old machines like that, I really wanted to get one of those old tape streamer computers just for decoration in my home, right, until I found this video:

Now look at those insides right, yeah that took me back a bunch. When I was 17 I worked in a garage and I happen to recognize that that is old fashioned cast iron. I sometimes would get those from porsche cylinder heads that I had to flatten and those were a nightmare. Fun to do, but heavy as honeysuckle! Now you take a big ******* like that and i'd say put it in my living room guess what? it would just fall right on trough my floor boards! I'd need a very special concrete floor for that like they have in factories. Beautiful machines though, absolutely astonishing to look at. Like those Tandy's too and the very first Commodore PET computers. I especially love them with those green monochrome big monitors. Hard to still get though and I bet if I wanted to actually go for it and buy a IBM 729 they would be very hard to find and a nightmare to transport. And again, the floors here man there's no way it would hold them. What you say about Linux I recognize a lot, I would probably feel the same way. When it comes to computers I want them to be functional and easy to set up the way I want to, not the other way around. Its why I like Android too. When you take in example Apple, if you wanna do anything with Apple you have to do it the way Apple wants you to.

I really feel that Microsoft needs to get their honeysuckle together, its like companies like them and Samsung have been trying to "emulate" Apple and also make it just as expensive. The point of having options like Android and PC is that we DON'T want that. So why try to copy that? I once tried Windows 10 and it was like I had this big ass android on my screen with apps and what not. Now what good would that do? Its like having a 15 kilogram mobile phone on my desk. I really don't get it. I just want a desktop with icons and a quicklaunch. Thats it. I don't want stuff like Aero or pin to taskbar all that junk is always the first things I toss out, like hibernating too, its so stupid and pointless.

Then you have all those software packages that have like stuff they wanna put in your startup, so it goes and sit in your icon tray. Usually updates and messages and offers from that company, like as if to say : "hey you like wizzytech powerpaint? yeah then you definitely want our super message center automatically installed so we can update you about the going on's in our company!" yeah no, lets not. I also always throw that stuff out. Yet some of those are real nasty, they just want you to have those icon tray. I actually made an empty exe years ago just to replace those exes with that empty exe that just starts up does nothing and close, and then set that on read only so it can't like update or put itself back. Its super annoying.

I miss the old Commodore 64 and Amiga days.

Congratulations, you can now fire up Netscape Navigator and invent Tinder as an app in hopes to meet someone of intellectual property and value who will better your life rather than further labor it. 😂(y)

Latest posts

Back