Hello everyone. My story.....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rvanson

Just another lonely man.
Reaction score
I grew up with an alcoholic mother who turned into Mrs. Hyde when she drank, and a father who couldn't say no to her. I am now an older man at 66 years of age currently, but can pass for 10 years less than that easily. I am old enough to be many of your fathers' age. I hope I can help some of you, as I have lots of knowledge after all these years, but I am still as lonely as possible due to childhood trauma and other things that happened, making it difficult to date girls/women. I'd really like a companion in my elder years, but I've found it impossible for me now. Social anxiety still haunts me after all these years, along with a depressive disorder and a major case of insomnia as well.

Welcome to the forum! Thanks so much for sharing your story and I hope you do find companionship, its never too late. I can relate to your story as my mother was and still is a awful “woman” she was never good enough for my kind father, never understood why he let her get away with so much, but as she explains the situation it becomes more and more clear, she was out of his league in looks… and people would ridicule my mother for being with such a “nerd” in turn he let her get away with anything…

Thank you for your kindness, CenotaphGirl!

My parents were pretty normal in the looks department, both pretty normal looking and normal weight-wise. I've seen the love letters they sent each other before marriage. I must admit that my mother, when not drinking, was a nice woman, but alcohol would change that when she knew no one was coming over in the evenings. Then she became angry, and my father, after a while, just left me and my younger brother to her machinations, in his car. What is odd, but good for me, was she taught me to read and do simple math, when sober, before I was even in kindergarten. She absolutely hated her mother, my grandmother, but couldn't even attend my grandfathers' funeral in 1969, she was so broken up. He was not a drinker, but he had a real bad temper and didn't seem to like children, like me. It makes me think my mother was a “mistake”, as she was an only-child living, on a small ranch. She died at 81 due to inoperable cancer, as my grandmother lived to be 98, as a widow, as she was a loyal Catholic wife. Cancer comes back in 50 percent of cases, and my mother had to have a double mastectomy at the age of 62.

Yeah, we are a dying breed, passing out fast !:LOL:

Like your motto, too, Finished.

You can't do many of the things we did for free anymore. I barely can recognize this country anymore, to be sure.

I feel bad for younger people, who will never understand anything like the liberty and freedoms we had back then.

Last edited:
Hi Sir Joseph. Yes, It's degraded very much. I don't think it will ever come back, either. So many want things for free, and it doesn't work that way. Someone will always pay for it. Usually the tax payers.

I'm 3 years older than you, Rvanson and I still think about my parents and early family life too.
I'll probably age and die without any close relationships and I've accepted that.
Still, let's pick up from where we are now and make the last chapter or two of our journey our own story and not be reacting over and over again to what happened years ago.

Latest posts

Back