Hello everyone!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Assimilate

Hungry Man instant dinner enthusiast.
Reaction score
I found this place by accident while researching something else but it seemed like a good fit for me since I legitimately have no friends and only see my family during major holidays like Christmas and Easter. Before the whole virus thing I was working two jobs and just tried to work as many hours I could at both. This gave me enough social interaction and stuff to do to keep my mind off most of my problems. Now that everyone is locked down at home I'm stuck with myself. Reading the news, exercising, and going for walks at night just isn't cutting it for me. So I made an account here in the hopes that I can make some friends and just have someone to talk to regularly, and maybe talk a little bit about my personal troubles in the other sections.

Hello.
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you can find what you're looking for.

What jobs did you have if you don't mind me asking?

worthless_loser said:
Hello.
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you can find what you're looking for.

What jobs did you have if you don't mind me asking?

I worked as a cook in a small sit down place and did packing and inventory in a warehouse for a company that stocked and shipped medical supplies to local hospitals and doctors offices (like toiletries for patients, new linens, new scrubs, dentistry stuff). The latter was deemed non-essential (according to my boss) too for some reason I've not been made aware of. Seems counter intuitive but maybe the hospitals are just going straight to the manufacturers now instead of distributors since they're buying a lot more stuff. Not sure if I have a job there anymore but I know for sure that the restaurant I was at is closed forever.

Welcome to the forums.

I am sorry to hear about your jobs, that is pretty bad.

Thanks! This stuff happens and not much can be done about it on my part. Luckily my landlord is a wonderful lady and is only requiring me to pay for utilities for the duration of the lockdown so while it's still going to wreck my savings I won't be homeless at least. This is assuming we'll get to go back to work in the next 2-3 months. Otherwise I'm kinda screwed.

Assimilate said:
I worked as a cook in a small sit down place and did packing and inventory in a warehouse for a company that stocked and shipped medical supplies to local hospitals and doctors offices (like toiletries for patients, new linens, new scrubs, dentistry stuff). The latter was deemed non-essential (according to my boss) too for some reason I've not been made aware of. Seems counter intuitive but maybe the hospitals are just going straight to the manufacturers now instead of distributors since they're buying a lot more stuff. Not sure if I have a job there anymore but I know for sure that the restaurant I was at is closed forever.
That's too bad about the jobs.
I hope you can find a new one (or two) soon and that they pay well.
I'm glad your landlord giving you a break though.

Hi welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your job but it's good to hear you'll be okay meanwhile!

Latest posts

Back