Hello everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lost_N_Alone

Well here's a little about me. I've been reading through this site for awhile and finally got the courage up to join. I'm really not good at introducing myself so I'll just do the best I can. I'm 33 years years old and I just fell totally alone. I'm not married, no girlfriend, no kids, no family. I have a few "friends" and I use the term loosely. It's just superficial friendships with people I see very now and then just so I have someone to hang out with every now and then. I have no close friends. I don't think I ever did. All I ever wanted was close friends but I seem to be terrified of getting close to people. I know my lonliness is my own doing. I've built walls around myself to protect myself, and now I'm trapped behind them and suffocating.

I've always been really shy was made fun of a lot when I was younger. That probably helped keep me in my shell a lot. A lot of this came from inside my own home. I've always yearned for close freindships and relationships but whenever the opportunity arises I panic and run the other way. Then I brood over how lonely I am. I know, it's very self defeating. I really don't know how to relate to people and most of the time I don't really understand them. I have a job but not a career and no real ambition or direction. I feel totally lost. As much as I'm afraid to get close to people I'm just sick and tired of being alone. I want the walls around me to come down but I don't know how to do it.

Well anyway that's a little about me in a nutshell. I hope someone out there knows where I'm coming from. I hope to be able to be an active member of this site and hopefully make some new friends. Thanks for reading everyone.

I also have been reading this site for a while and have posted as a guest.  I'm new too.  And, want my walls to come down to have a less lonely life. So welcome to the both of us!

Welcome to both of you ^^

Lost, I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm in the exact same position as you, so I know how you feel. Hopefully you'll feel better knowing that you're not truly alone

welcome...i hope you'll have a great time, as i'm having...m story isn't very different from yours so i understand how you feel, just read the thoughts of other people, tell your own thoughts and you'll feel a lot better...that's what i do, hopefully you'll make some new friends, if you ever need one, write me...i'm open to everybody! good luck!

Latest posts

Back