Hello from new member

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kar

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here and wanted to say hi. I don't have a family or any friends and feel my life is quite lonely. I suffered from social anxiety disorder and didn't leave my apartment for a year or two except when absolutely necessary and even then, it was only when I knew I wouldn't see anyone. I hope I can learn how to start meeting people and maybe even make a friend.

I myself struggle badly with social anxiety, so I fully understand how hard it is to meet people. I only have about 3 friends, all of which I made online and even then that was hard for me to do. I also know all too well about living a lonely life, it's not easy and can tear you apart. I'm not sure how much of a conversation it would be, though you're welcome to message me. I certainly can't promise friendship, especially since I'm about as socially awkward as can be, but hey who knows. I too just registered here, well I re-registered since I had an account deleted a few years back, but I figured I'd at least say hello.

Hi @Kar and welcome.
There are a lot of very nice and non judgemental people here.
I joined 7 weeks ago and have many good discussions.
I think you'll like it.
Take care and have a great Sunday!

Hi, I am new here and wanted to say hi. I don't have a family or any friends and feel my life is quite lonely. I suffered from social anxiety disorder and didn't leave my apartment for a year or two except when absolutely necessary and even then, it was only when I knew I wouldn't see anyone. I hope I can learn how to start meeting people and maybe even make a friend.
Welcome to the forum! For the past 12 or so years I mostly only leave my place to get supplies. In real life I have no friends and no family, just ******* neighbors. I'm glad that you are trying to get out and meet people. Don't give up like I did.

Kar, Welcome to the forum! I think you will find a lot of people here who have many similar feelings to what you are describing. People, especially in groups give me anxiety. I hope you enjoy it here!

Latest posts

Back