Hello, I'm a little shy!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Aardra

Been a member here for about two weeks, but haven't worked up the courage to post. I'm Kat, 32 years old and heading to college for the first time in my life. Living on my own and being an older undergraduate student, let alone during COVID, have been unbearably lonely. I found this forum by literally googling "I am so lonely" so... here I am.

Hope to meet some kind people, but I've found I'm very slow to make friends and have a hard time keeping them. Still it's nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the forum! I went back to college throughout my mid 20s & late 30s. Sometimes I was the oldest one in the classroom. Many never had a real full time job before.

Welcome to the site L1Druidess.  You'll find most people here struggling with life or relationships in some way and eager to give support to others.  I'm here to offer a Christian perspective on anything where it might help.

When I went off to college long ago at age 18 my first year was tough, moving from a small town home environment to a big city university.  I struggled with classes and personal life for a year, but later adjusted well and enjoyed a better social life than any other time since.

You have two things going for you as a new 32yo student.  First, you'll probably do better with your studies and goals now than 10+ years ago because you're smarter and more mature.  Second, you'll probably make new friends easier in the college environment than what most people do out in the work world.  So, counter your worries with excitement and optimism.

Hello! I think I saw you post on another thread. So happy to see you've posted. I hope this forum can give you some support and joy during these difficult times. Out of interest, what are you studying? I remember my undergraduate studies being very daunting but exciting!

Hello L1Druidess. I want to welcome you here and I wanted to say it also was a pleasure to talk to you yesterday in the chat area. I hope you like it here.

Hello! And welcome! Like many people here, I find that friends come and go and I really can't figure out why. But it happens. Thankfully this forum exists! Post and prosper!

I can compare, I started college at 18, didn't go great but not bad either. The problem was I tried a career path that was way over my financial situation and I had a breakdown at the bitter end. It took a good two years to go back to school, by which point I was 24 and already felt old. I didn't graduate university till I was 33.

Right now I hope I am starting to right the ship.

My advice is to make due with your strengths and acknowledge weaknesses.

Latest posts

Back