Hello, insomniac people.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imsopices1

Reaction score
I've been insomniac since 18..now i'm 40.Ik the cause..troumatic experiences.

Anyway, if you are in similar situation, how do you spend the night?

I got bad habits, it's getting worse.
Since covid, i can't stearing the phone.

And because of that, my neck hurts.

Ik.I need to set the alarm.And i have done that.

It worked in the beginning..maybe only few days..

And i started listening raido..that works.

At least i don't have to hold phone.
It's good for my neck..but i am so isolated and i am not afraid to say i don't have any family members or friends who i can trust or count on..

So stearing the youtube video or listening someone's vioce is..it is like a tiny little bit less isolation.

So how do you handle or spend the night when you struggle to go to fall sleep?if you are also having insomnia?

Thank you for reading.

Hello fellow insomniac, I have had insomnia since I was very young, I won't go into details why because then this post would be rather lengthy. But I have always been able to occupy my time it keeps me from boredom and keeps me sane, I tend to think a lot, if I am not able to occupy myself with something an activity reading, writing, watching tv, a video game, drawing, painting, music, I never really understood the concept of boredom to well unless I was doing (absolutely nothing) even then though I was always lost in my thoughts (I also have a condition though so most of the time I have never been able to rest due to overstimulation) like as of recent I have been lost in a great book that challenges me to think, do research to understand the source material, and write to understand what the chapter is covering (I have a strange way of retaining information) but I feel that if you have insomnia it's a great remedy if physical activity in the morning or afternoon time is not possible to drain your energy to find a decent hobby, something that interests you that you can occupy your mind and time on. Like I got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night before that I had no sleep whatsoever what occupied my time interesting research. But I don't expect everyone will have an interest in this (if you do that's great it helps me) but if not at least occupy your mind with something you enjoy until your body catches up to your mind and they both seek to fall into wonderful sleep, peace, and relaxation. Believe it or not sleep is the way that the mind and body heals and the way the mind cleanses itself of harmful chemicals, and if you do not sleep long enough you have different issues that can occur in the body like hallucinations, brain fog, depression, anger, mood swings etc. etc. sorry I said I would keep it short I hope you find this information (my thoughts and experiences with insomnia) a bit helpful. Have a great day :)

I have had trouble sleeping off and on since I was about 5. Over the years, I've tried various things. When I was little I would tell my stuffed animals stories or I had an imaginary friend I would talk to. When I got older I would wait for everyone to go to sleep and just play or read. When I was finally allowed to have a tv in my room that helped for a bit but then I moved to music and headphones because I liked the dark better. Last of the Mohicans soundtrack was my nightly ritual. i was really physically active in my teens so I was good on 4 or 5 hrs and I was taking meds then. My 20's were hell, I would go days and days with no sleep. Partly because I was not taking one medicine the way it was prescribed. I found it more effective crushed and snorted. 30's were pretty good but again I was really active and I was home schooling my son, so exhausting. Presently, early 40's and I'm doing good to get 2.5 hours every 2 days. None of the things I used to do help, sometimes I just pace. Usually I just read, knit, work on little projects like dolls, and sometimes I just go for a ride. It makes me a little erratic and if I go 3 days things tend to go sideways. Nervousness, shakes, brain fog, hallucinations, yep that sucks. I've blamed it on many things over the years...I don't care anymore why. I would just like to sleep. Oh yeah, sometimes I wake myself up having conversations. Its crazy because my son will hear me and has recorded me several times and Im perfectly clear in what I'm saying.

I have had trouble sleeping off and on since I was about 5. Over the years, I've tried various things. When I was little I would tell my stuffed animals stories or I had an imaginary friend I would talk to. When I got older I would wait for everyone to go to sleep and just play or read. When I was finally allowed to have a tv in my room that helped for a bit but then I moved to music and headphones because I liked the dark better. Last of the Mohicans soundtrack was my nightly ritual. i was really physically active in my teens so I was good on 4 or 5 hrs and I was taking meds then. My 20's were hell, I would go days and days with no sleep. Partly because I was not taking one medicine the way it was prescribed. I found it more effective crushed and snorted. 30's were pretty good but again I was really active and I was home schooling my son, so exhausting. Presently, early 40's and I'm doing good to get 2.5 hours every 2 days. None of the things I used to do help, sometimes I just pace. Usually I just read, knit, work on little projects like dolls, and sometimes I just go for a ride. It makes me a little erratic and if I go 3 days things tend to go sideways. Nervousness, shakes, brain fog, hallucinations, yep that sucks. I've blamed it on many things over the years...I don't care anymore why. I would just like to sleep. Oh yeah, sometimes I wake myself up having conversations. Its crazy because my son will hear me and has recorded me several times and Im perfectly clear in what I'm saying.
Hi Claudia. I’m new to this forum. I found your post really interesting. I’ve had insomnia since my late 20’s, and it began because I had been drinking rather heavily for more than a decade. It just never went away after I gave up that lifestyle. But having insomnia since you were SO young, and then COPING with it the way you did, is pretty amazing. Even as a child, you seemed to know that insomnia was part of you, and rather than freak out about it, you coped by telling stories to your toys and just trying to entertain yourself. That was really a wise thing to do. As for me, I do what I’ve read is the worst thing to do, I stay in bed, hoping to fall back to sleep - and for moments here and there, I do. But the rest of the time, my wide awake brain is constantly making me think and analyze everything. I’m deeply sorry for what you experience. You’ve spent way more time thinking than a human ever should. I’m sending you best wishes, and a hug, from one sleepless soul to another.

Hi Claudia. I’m new to this forum. I found your post really interesting. I’ve had insomnia since my late 20’s, and it began because I had been drinking rather heavily for more than a decade. It just never went away after I gave up that lifestyle. But having insomnia since you were SO young, and then COPING with it the way you did, is pretty amazing. Even as a child, you seemed to know that insomnia was part of you, and rather than freak out about it, you coped by telling stories to your toys and just trying to entertain yourself. That was really a wise thing to do. As for me, I do what I’ve read is the worst thing to do, I stay in bed, hoping to fall back to sleep - and for moments here and there, I do. But the rest of the time, my wide awake brain is constantly making me think and analyze everything. I’m deeply sorry for what you experience. You’ve spent way more time thinking than a human ever should. I’m sending you best wishes, and a hug, from one sleepless soul to another.
On occasion I will stay in bed and try to sleep but that usually brings on a panic attack. I try to stay out of my head and just focus on something tangible.
I haven’t been on this forum for long, a little over a month, but there is activity at all times. This has actually helped to keep from pacing so much.

I work nights, that partially helped. The rest of the time, I explore the dark corners of the web. Starting the gym again should help some, I also oft go for long walks by myself in the city

Thank you for reading.
I used to have this problem, for years, then found it was because i lacked estrogen, and estrogen creates serotonin which is wshat gets us to sleep. now i have estrogen and its ok. before that id take valerian, skullcap, passionflower etc and that contains serotonin so slept due to those things. hope you get a good nights sleep soon.

And because of that, my neck hurts.

Ik.I need to set the alarm.And i have done that.

It worked in the beginning..maybe only few days..

And i started listening raido..that works.

At least i don't have to hold phone.
It's good for my neck..but i am so isolated and i am not afraid to say i don't have any family members or friends who i can trust or count on..

So stearing the youtube video or listening someone's vioce is..it is like a tiny little bit less isolation.

So how do you handle or spend the night when you struggle to go to fall sleep?if you are also having insomnia?

Thank you for reading.
I have always had trouble sleeping. Even as a kid.
I will say this though.
The last couple years I have started walking quite a bit during the day. I mean like averaging about 8 miles a day.
I can do this because since Covid I have worked from home and saved a lot of time by not commuting.
It takes over 2 hours a day to do this.
But it does help me sleep better at night.
Instead of getting 3 to 4 hours, I get a 6+ by doing this.
As long as I keep away from the booze that is. Which I am not always able to do.

Hello I also suffer from insomnia. I normally wake up at 2-3 . Sometimes 5 . And I may fall asleep at 8 am . But during those hours I write in my journal . If any of my friends are up I’ll call them . Or I go onto this live streaming app that I use and vent .

I have trouble sleeping because I have nightmares (PTSD). So I have a tendency to wake up every 2 hrs. When I can't sleep I listen to audiobooks or hell's kitchen (which I'm currently binging on).

Sometimes it feels safe to fall asleep at sunrise (around 6 am now)

Latest posts

Back