Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanE

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Sean.  I am 52 years and have been married for 27 years.  My wife has suffered for years from several health ailments and is slowly passing and not expected to live but for a few more months.  The shock of the finality of this isn't lessened by the fact that I have no friends in my small town, and I'm not very close with my wife's relatives who live far from me.  My being an only child never helped me in anything.

I guess my reason for joining this place is finding out what others have done in similar circumstances.  I figure I'll probably live out the rest of my days quite alone.

sean

I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles. My brother passed through a similar situation recently. The only way I could help him was email, mostly about hockey. I beg of you, do not be alone. This is a good start. I'm glad you found us. Keep in touch, no matter what. All my best to you.

SeanE, welcome to the site.  You'll find mostly supportive, understanding people here always eager to listen and give encouragement, with mine being a Christian perspective.

The others are right to advise you to seek out social interaction.  It gets harder as we get older, but senior citizen centers and churches really are the easiest options to pursue this goal.  Don't let yourself remain isolated.  We were created for a purpose, and that entails having relationships with God and other people.

I hope your wife's a Christian, allowing her to have peace through this time and hope for the new, better, eternal life awaiting her.  If she needs any encouragement with that, I have some YouTube video near death experiences to reference - showing that leaving this world, for the believer, is really a wonderful experience to look forward to.  If she's not a believer, then I'd encourage you two to talk about the subject while you can.  There's nothing more important than where we came from, why we're here, and where we're headed after this life.  Your choices now affect that future destiny.

Hi Sean.

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your situation. I have personal experience of watching someone close to me, passing away and it's something I wouldn't wish on pretty much anyone.

I hope you find some comfort here. Best wishes.

Latest posts

Back