Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrong

Silent Hill
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I find it very hard to post a first post here, or to even post here at all. It is even hard for me to accept that I am, in fact, alone. I'm 47 years old and I have nothing to show for it. People for, whatever reason, seem to end up hating me in the end. From my ex-wife, to my family, to even my own kids. Don't misunderstand me, this isn't some sort of asking for pity thing.

I'm a shut in but every once in a blue moon I try something new either in real life or online, and its always the same. People like me at first, and then they end up hating me. I don't know why this is, but I expect the same to happen here.

Hi and welcome. You set a low bar for yourself, so anything will exceed it.

Familiarity breeds contempt?

Welcome to the forum. People come and go here so there'll always be new people to meet, yay.

Its hard for me to reply or even post here.
The more you do it the easier it gets? What's the worst that can happen?

I was thinking about this thread the other day but couldn't find it. I was thinking that people are often the opposite of their real selves when we first meet them because people hate themselves and try to cover up who they really are. That's why family members are so annoying, they know us too well, we hate that.

It's not really relevant to this topic it's just something I was pondering.

People probably change all the time. Maybe people think we are something we're not, in the beginning. Not many of us are going into a new situation authentic self first. Okay, ramble over.

The more you do it the easier it gets? What's the worst that can happen?

I was thinking about this thread the other day but couldn't find it. I was thinking that people are often the opposite of their real selves when we first meet them because people hate themselves and try to cover up who they really are. That's why family members are so annoying, they know us too well, we hate that.

It's not really relevant to this topic it's just something I was pondering.

People probably change all the time. Maybe people think we are something we're not, in the beginning. Not many of us are going into a new situation authentic self first. Okay, ramble over.
well i don't think im a bad guy, i really ain't. its just even growing up people just always seemed to hate me. i honestly don't know why. and sure some people like me but its very hard to connect to anyone.

^ Nobody likes me in real life even though I'm a nice guy. I can and have helped many people. It's weird. It's like there's some kind of nasty hormone I'm putting out or something. Nobody liked my mom either. She was nice too. But, they just didn't want to be a round her. Obviously I inherited the don't like me gene from her.

What if we're giving off 'people don't like me' vibes or just imagining it?
Maybe we've learned to seek negative reactions in people's faces from childhood anxiety and believe ourselves to be the cause?

I'm awkward, people might not like that. I've heard that I'm too serious (but still not ready to go join the circus, I don't like clowns).

Its hard for me to reply or even post here.
Hey wrong, we all go that dark place once in awhile.... 🙄 well, let me rephrase that as I hate speaking for others... 🤐 I am quite familiar in visiting that dark place every once in a while, but you gotta stop going there🙃 it so important to learn to express yourself. Life is a journey best shared - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Posting here is to share a another walk of life. If you appreciate the fact we all have our own mountain to climb, we all have that story, we are all just human trying to find our path... you may realize I am no different from you.

and sure some people like me but its very hard to connect to anyone
It is hard. People in my daily life probably think I'm the bees knees (I use this phrase when I can, because years ago I was in patient and a guy, who was trying so very hard to get clean, latched onto it as a hope to get straight, didn't, and lost. Sad, I know). But if it goes beyond superficial interactions, I get stymied and have no idea how to continue. Apparently this isn't healthy, so this is my new phase of professional 'help' I'll be doing. But, from the few weeks of being on here, I've found I can say some dumbass nonsensical stuff, and no one really cares. Keep typing, it's kinda ok.

Just an FYI: ;)

iu

Latest posts

Back