Hello :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahJones

Reaction score
Thank-you very much for accepting me into the group 😊 I am a married mum of 3 living in Winchester. I was raised within the Mormon faith since birth up until a couple of years ago. All of my family were devout Mormons and life centered solely around the Church growing up. I married my husband in the Church and we raised our own children within the Mormon faith, up until a couple of years ago when we decided that enough was enough. I have finally learnt after leaving the Church that my body is not something to be ashamed of or embarrassed about - my experience of learning to love and accept myself for who I am 🙂

I have always suffered body anxiety and self confidence issues which has caused me untold social anxiety. Having grown up in the Church I was always told to cover myself up and taught to basically hide myself away as if my body were some sort of 'embarrassment' which I did as I knew nothing different. Due to various reasons my husband and I decided to leave the Church recently and am finally learning to love and accept my body! The way I was taught and brought up seems so ridiculous to me now. I have recently undergone therapy where I am beginning to unwrap my fears and anxiety and learning to love myself again. I have bought a whole new wardrobe and am loving life! I am so proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone one step at a time! I will slowly start to love my body and get over my social anxiety.

Last week I stepped WAY out of my comfort zone and I just wanted to share my experience (apologies if this is the wrong group for this!). I work in a Museum as an Events Co-Ordinator and our amazing Curator Colin has just been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. The whole team have stepped up and decided to create a Naked Charity Calendar to raise some much needed funds for Prostate Cancer UK 🥰 I was asked if I wanted to take part and (despite being so nervous!) I decided to take part and posed for my photo last week.

Thank-you so much to my friend and colleague Nigel for being such a fab photographer (he is a retired photographer who volunteers for us at the Museum) for being so kind and professional 😊 he made me feel relaxed and comfortable in a situation I was very nervous about!! I am honestly so proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone for such an amazing cause! To the Bishop who told me that my behind was too distracting in Church so I should wear baggy clothes to hide it, you can kiss my big butt!

Hannah xx

Last edited:
Thank-you very much for accepting me into the group 😊 I am a married mum of 3 living in Winchester. I was raised within the Mormon faith since birth up until a couple of years ago. All of my family were devout Mormons and life centered solely around the Church growing up. I married my husband in the Church and we raised our own children within the Mormon faith, up until a couple of years ago when we decided that enough was enough. I have finally learnt after leaving the Church that my body is not something to be ashamed of or embarrassed about - my experience of learning to love and accept myself for who I am 🙂

I have always suffered body anxiety and self confidence issues which has caused me untold social anxiety. Having grown up in the Church I was always told to cover myself up and taught to basically hide myself away as if my body were some sort of 'embarrassment' which I did as I knew nothing different. Due to various reasons my husband and I decided to leave the Church recently and am finally learning to love and accept my body! The way I was taught and brought up seems so ridiculous to me now. I have recently undergone therapy where I am beginning to unwrap my fears and anxiety and learning to love myself again. I have bought a whole new wardrobe and am loving life! I am so proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone one step at a time! I will slowly start to love my body and get over my social anxiety.

Last week I stepped WAY out of my comfort zone and I just wanted to share my experience (apologies if this is the wrong group for this!). I work in a Museum as an Events Co-Ordinator and our amazing Curator Colin has just been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. The whole team have stepped up and decided to create a Naked Charity Calendar to raise some much needed funds for Prostate Cancer UK 🥰 I was asked if I wanted to take part and (despite being so nervous!) I decided to take part and posed for my photo last week.

Thank-you so much to my friend and colleague Nigel for being such a fab photographer (he is a retired photographer who volunteers for us at the Museum) for being so kind and professional 😊 he made me feel relaxed and comfortable in a situation I was very nervous about!! I am honestly so proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone for such an amazing cause! To the Bishop who told me that my behind was too distracting in Church so I should wear baggy clothes to hide it, you can kiss my big butt!

Hannah xx

View attachment 5748
ok... well.. That's one strange of way to introduce yourself..
umm.. Welcome to ALL? enjoy your stay.. lol 😳

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back