Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roz.kendall

Reaction score
I am really struggling with finding a reason to basically breathe other than to pay bills! I'm a Mum of an 18 year old son who went to live with his father 2 years ago. I was too mentally ill to even know or understand what was going on and as a result my relationship with him has been affected. I do see and speak to him occasionally much like the situation with most teenagers I guess but I think because he doesn't reside with me, I seem to be completely uninvolved in his life and the decisions he's making. It doesn't help that I also work from home so from 5pm Friday to 9am Monday I don't speak to anyone. I've been looking for somewhere I can go to maybe realise I'm not the only person living miserably and stop catastrophising daily.

Welcome to the world of misfits. :) I'm sure there will be those here you can embrace.

I don't know what to say about your son. I live with mine and our relationship is just as bad. I'm not sure 18 year olds feel a need for parents. Perhaps looking upon it as a casual relationship will give him some space to make room for you. It might not be the nurturing relationship you want but it's better than no relationship.

In a few words, just go with it.

Welcome,

I almost have a breakdown when I go to buy my dogs some food, so no your not the only one living miserably.

Maybe we can find answers and hope with some friends here.

Latest posts

Back