Help me think : is loneliness a problem ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyLoner

Stupid, happy and serene =0)
Reaction score
Dear forum, I'm new here and need your reflections as I'm only capable of thinking what i do so to think new i need your input :

I did have quite large group of social network but I grew so tired of them I just couldn't keep up the contact. All conversations was about who made what with who somewhere, never anything evolving or interesting. I started to prefer my books, thoughts and projects more and more instead of mind numbing conversations and finally i didn't even manage to try to play interested in these conversations, i just stood up and walked away until i was no longer invited because they considered me arrogant. I know Iam seen as the outsider preferring loneliness instead of trying participating in nonsens conversations but i don't get why, isn't it more strange to withstand boringness to fit in a pack than chosing own way of interest ? I have been alone for more than ten years now and i probably should see this as a problem but i don't, in my restricted thoughtprocess I see it as i made the smarter choice as I have no obligations, no musts, just utter freedom to dive into my interests. If i had accepted other people's valuing of me by their standards i probably be diagnosed outsider and...my evaluation of these people is declared above.

I'm trying to decide if I should start investing my time and effort to fit in or just continue as I'm most happy with ? My membership here is part of contemplating if i made right choices or if i should adjust ?What is it that I'm missing in the equation of social network ? Am I the only one that realized or am I the only not realizing anything ? It is illogical that I should be right and majority wrong so please enlighten me, what is it I can't grasp ? I don't consider myself impossible, if someone would debate if western world is democracy, habeas corpus or fundamental human rights iam all in immediately but this far i have not found these opportunities, when i initiate conversations of the foundations of our independent justice system it goes silent ending with me explaining judicial details of current situation without coming to the problem with our current independent justice systems because i lost the audience in details about the election process to representative parliaments in a never ending monologue from my side which i consider basic knowledge of our society.

Please let me hear your reflections on reasons for your (or my) choice of solitude.

my opinion: alone and lonely is not the same thing

Often I need to be alone... so I make it so.

If I feel lonely, I try to connect somewhere... probably not for long. I think individuals are different. Each one of us needs a different amount of alone time and a different amount of social time.

I also think it depends on the other person near us. The other can be positive for us or negative. I would have to say that I am an outlier. Not a lot of people are positive for me. And even then, I need a lot of alone time.

As for your discussion topics. There are lots of philosophers on here. I hope you connect with some of them. Today, that is not me. Welcome to the site. By the way, I like some of the word games... maybe you will too. example: keep one ; junk one

I think you are on a good path. If you are happy don't change anything. Do not worry about what others think you should or shouldn't do because most of them are unhappy any way. I too will die alone and and nobody will know for a very long time. I'm okay with that. Just make sure you plan ahead with where your assets will go when you die.

I think you are on a good path. If you are happy don't change anything. Do not worry about what others think you should or shouldn't do because most of them are unhappy any way. I too will die alone and and nobody will know for a very long time. I'm okay with that. Just make sure you plan ahead with where your assets will go when you die.
Thanks. We agree but I try to be objective to see if I missed something. It is a good feeling having everything prepared. Last time I had to put a life in boxes I decided to get rid of more things than i buy and have all funeral arrangements paid and sorted.

Latest posts

Back