Here's a positive sign for our future

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A massive effort is being made to rid the ocean's of our plastic waste:

https://theoceancleanup.com/

It's awesome to see people doing this. This is exactly the kind of thing the governments should be doing. Or, atleast they should be helping to finance them.

Their Mission:

Our aim is to remove 90 % of floating ocean plastic, which requires global initiative. With the help and support of individuals, corporations and governments all over the world, we aim to realize the mission and work towards a future where plastic no longer pollutes our oceans.

I wonder how much more plastic is beneath the surface though. Maybe we can release robot fish to swim around, eat plastic, burp oxygen, and poop pearls. Ha! ha!

I wonder, is the Plastic Island actually so thick that it's properly an Island? Like in the way you can get out of the boat and walk on it?
Because if so, that's like next level messed up.

I wonder, is the Plastic Island actually so thick that it's properly an Island? Like in the way you can get out of the boat and walk on it?
Because if so, that's like next level messed up.
Hey, I just started thinking why not just pile up all the plastic and use it to extend land out into the ocean. Or, maybe use it to create barrier reefs to help with tidal flooding. Would that be a good way to use the waste plastic?

Latest posts

Back