Hey everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addryn

Reaction score
Hello. Glad I found this forum. For the last few years, I have felt dissatisfied with my life. Everything seems to be fine -I have a home, a job, but still I constantly catch myself thinking that I'm tired of everything. I have no friends with whom I could go somewhere, no activities that I would like. It's like I'm watching my life from the side and I can't take control of it. Relatives are constantly trying to manipulate me, and I spend a lot of energy trying to recover from communicating with them.
Thank you for reading. I'm sure things will get better, but I don't know when.

Welcome! I am sure they’ll get better to, what kind of activities are you into? 😇✨

Hi @Addryn and welcome.
Here's something I have been doing recently to break up the monotony and look forward to something different.
Once a week or so, try going to eat at a restaurant that serves food you like but don't eat regularly.
I go on off hours, like 3 PM on a day off, so it's not too crowded.
I would be uncomfortable eating alone at a crowded nicer restaurant where everyone is paired off or with familes (I only do that at diners & fast food places).
I found a great sichuan place and a great mexican place this way.
Give it a shot, and hope things start looking up for you.

I feel similarly dissatisfied with my life. I think we've crossed paths on the forum before, but welcome anyway.

If all your family does is manipulate you, is there any way you can cut them off for a while?
If not, set some boundaries. They can't manipulate you if you don't let them.

Surely there must be something you are interested in. If not, try things. Get out there and do different things, chances are probably pretty high that you will find something and in turn, that could lead you to make friends.

Welcome the the forum :)

Hi @Addryn and welcome.
Here's something I have been doing recently to break up the monotony and look forward to something different.
Once a week or so, try going to eat at a restaurant that serves food you like but don't eat regularly.
I go on off hours, like 3 PM on a day off, so it's not too crowded.
I would be uncomfortable eating alone at a crowded nicer restaurant where everyone is paired off or with familes (I only do that at diners & fast food places).
I found a great sichuan place and a great mexican place this way.
Give it a shot, and hope things start looking up for you.
Hi, thanks for the advice, it really makes sense.

If all your family does is manipulate you, is there any way you can cut them off for a while?
If not, set some boundaries. They can't manipulate you if you don't let them.

Surely there must be something you are interested in. If not, try things. Get out there and do different things, chances are probably pretty high that you will find something and in turn, that could lead you to make friends.

Welcome the the forum :)
Hi, thanks for welcoming me.
My situation with my family is very difficult... Basically, my grandmother tries to manipulate my feelings of guilt. She is 75 years old and has been divorced for about 4-5 years. She has no family members left who want to communicate with her, she had a fight with all her friends. She moved into a house that takes a very long time to get to. Grandma complains that I don't visit her several times a week. Relatives who do not communicate with her scold me and force me to call her. In response, my grandmother only insults me and does not accept my help. I just can’t stop talking to her, because there is no one but me, but still I am to blame for everything for the whole family.
I'm sorry about that, I just don't know when things will change for the better.

Welcome 😉
Exercise pheromones are awesome. I find working up a sweat extremely therapeutic. Says I, who pays for gym like an idiot but doesn't got lol.
I work a high intensity job though, that kond of compensates.
Anyway, find your interests and pursue them. Could be gym, could be gaming, could be collecting, miniature models, anything. Long time ago I was passionate about archery, have to pursue it again someday. Find one thing and give it a go!

Hi, thanks for welcoming me.
My situation with my family is very difficult... Basically, my grandmother tries to manipulate my feelings of guilt. She is 75 years old and has been divorced for about 4-5 years. She has no family members left who want to communicate with her, she had a fight with all her friends. She moved into a house that takes a very long time to get to. Grandma complains that I don't visit her several times a week. Relatives who do not communicate with her scold me and force me to call her. In response, my grandmother only insults me and does not accept my help. I just can’t stop talking to her, because there is no one but me, but still I am to blame for everything for the whole family.
I'm sorry about that, I just don't know when things will change for the better.
Well, that makes it a little more difficult, but that doesn't mean you have to totally be a doormat to the situation. Try to talk to your grandma and tell her that you are still around and don't deserve to be treated the way she treated. And the rest of your family....well, if the only reason they communicate with you is to scold you when you are the only one taking responsibility for her, maybe just tell them to back off. Stand up for yourself.

Latest posts

Back