Hey

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sazzy95

Reaction score
So many ways to start this off and I can't make one not sound cringy, so to jump right in. I'm really struggling with myself at the minute, and I want, no need, to reach out and talk to someone, because if I don't I'm going to burst. I've always had friends until the last couple of years where I seem to have lost them all somewhere along the line, I'm not the sort of person to reach out either so that makes it harder to keep in touch with people. So yeah if anyone wants to talk, about anything please, please just reach out.
Oh yeah so I'm 26, female, live in South Yorkshire, England. Fat. I live with my parents and my siblings who are both older than me but seem to have no ambition to leave, something I can't get my head around, I'm only still there because I can't leave my mum (after years of begging her to not leave when I was younger). Im currently drowning myself in romance novels, most of which are American and make me want to go there so bad just to see if people really act like they do in the books. I'm a chef. I like TV and can't think of anything interesting about myself. 😏

Welcome. It's good to want to get out and experience new things. Family and home can be great but there's a big world out there, good to at least imagine experiencing it.

Last edited:
You read romance novels so much that you want to come to America (unless they are true crime romance, it's likely nothing like the books. lol), you're a chef and you like TV. After stating all that you say you can't think of anything interesting about yourself? Honey, that's ALL interesting. lol

Welcome to the forum :)

Hey, welcome, you've posted some pretty interesting stuff about yourself already. I spent some time in the States and believe me South Yorkshire is a far more scenic and friendlier corner of the globe.

So many ways to start this off and I can't make one not sound cringy, so to jump right in. I'm really struggling with myself at the minute, and I want, no need, to reach out and talk to someone, because if I don't I'm going to burst. I've always had friends until the last couple of years where I seem to have lost them all somewhere along the line, I'm not the sort of person to reach out either so that makes it harder to keep in touch with people. So yeah if anyone wants to talk, about anything please, please just reach out.
Oh yeah so I'm 26, female, live in South Yorkshire, England. Fat. I live with my parents and my siblings who are both older than me but seem to have no ambition to leave, something I can't get my head around, I'm only still there because I can't leave my mum (after years of begging her to not leave when I was younger). Im currently drowning myself in romance novels, most of which are American and make me want to go there so bad just to see if people really act like they do in the books. I'm a chef. I like TV and can't think of anything interesting about myself. 😏
Lol.. They don't. Most Americans and canadians watch TV rather than read books, and the 'romance' scene on mainstream television is quite adverse to what you'd read in a romance novel.

There's some good shows, and movies from the 80-90s, but for the most part TV just sexualizes the hell outta women, and makes it seem like it's OK to base entire relationships upon looks alone, and makes the disposable human mentality of one night stands seem normal, but only if the woman does it to the guy, otherwise it's atrocious.. Yea.. TV ruined the current generations of American people's.. well, TV/ movies/video games; the mainstream media in general.

I don't want to say that they're all bad, but the majority of people are closed minded idiots that only care about sex, booze, and repeating whatever they've been told by their tiny group of freinds about politics, and preaching it like gospel; as if they actually have a clue what they're talking about..

Latest posts

Back