Hi All I'm a Newbie on Here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unique Unicorn

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Hope you are well and happy. So, I come here as my life has changed so dramatically over the last 5 years. Long, boring story, but basically divorced husband and lost all of my friends.

Married a new much older man and have NO friends whatsoever, despite constantly offereing the hand of friendship, pursuing lots of social activities and so on.

Previously, I could make friends easily, but now, it's just like extracting teeth.

I have even seen a councillor about it, as I am not accustomed to having no friends, her advice;

'People only enjoy friendships when they feel more powerful', no friendship can exist between equals, if you make people feel less, then they become threatened and insecure'

That is so sad, so I have to dumb down and dress like a dag to have friends? Go figure.

Anyway, thanks for listening and Greetings from Australia. :rolleyes:

Hi Unique Unicorn :)

um, umm... *thinks about Sophia's thread, and sweats a lil' while thinking of what to say* :p

Punisher said:
Hi Unique Unicorn :)

um, umm... *thinks about Sophia's thread, and sweats a lil' while thinking of what to say* :p

:p Imma make you work for it

Unique Unicorn said:
I have even seen a councillor about it, as I am not accustomed to having no friends, her advice;

'People only enjoy friendships when they feel more powerful', no friendship can exist between equals, if you make people feel less, then they become threatened and insecure'

That is so sad, so I have to dumb down and dress like a dag to have friends? Go figure.

Hmn, thats funny, I dont mind being the person in the lesser position in a friendship :)

If my friend has more power or is more intelligent that just means a more interesting person for me to hang with!:D

Plus, if the person is smart they'll show me how to become more intelligent just by their example :cool:

Smart friends rock :p

Unique Unicorn said:
That is so sad, so I have to dumb down and dress like a dag to have friends?

what's a dag?

From Aussie Slang
Dag: Idiot or unfashionable person, [a nerd]

I would call someone a dag if they do something a bit abnormal, 2nd mostly, someone who dresses unfashionable.

Greeting from Australia to :) What state?

Thanks for the welcome all. Okay so you have me intrigued... I am off to find this 'Sophia's Thread'.... I am guessing it may be at my own peril.

Stay well.

What the councilor said doesn't make much sense. If one person has power over the other person then why would the submissive person be a friend when they have to be the powerful one to be a friend.

You might want to consider finding another councilor if you are still going. Just because someone has a title, profession, or degree doesn't mean they are always right.

I understand your pain as I can relate to it..... I had plenty friends who liked me, but since I married my rich husband all are now jealous, and insecure. Always trying to put me down...so I am lonely without true friends....

Unique Unicorn said:
Hey Everyone,

Hope you are well and happy. So, I come here as my life has changed so dramatically over the last 5 years. Long, boring story, but basically divorced husband and lost all of my friends.

Married a new much older man and have NO friends whatsoever, despite constantly offereing the hand of friendship, pursuing lots of social activities and so on.

Previously, I could make friends easily, but now, it's just like extracting teeth.

Anyway, thanks for listening and Greetings from Australia. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back