Hi everyone. I'm new.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alonewith2cats

Reaction score
Hi,

I live alone with 2 cats. They're adorable. I love them. They miss me when I'm gone. They need me. They love me and they sit on my lap and cuddle with me. But they do not replace human beings so I do get very lonely. I try my best to be a tough sugar-free cookie about it. In German there is a saying "I'm not made of sugar." This means I'm not that delicate. This has nothing to do with sweet. I live independantly, I work full time, I tried taking up hobbies to keep busy. I've been studying German, Spanish and a few french words too. I love food so I try out recipes such as Asian stir fries, italian recipes. I've learned to bake marble cake, rum raisin cake, apple or peach crumble. These things keep me distracted from my loneliness but do not really solve the problem. I bought myself a zoo and Sea World membership to encourage myself to get out of the house and see all the beautiful animals but I am less motivated to go often when it means I can only go by myself.

In spite of being strong, I often have these moments when I have crying spells. Usually I am home when I do it. But once I was at a restaurant dining alone and I couldn't stop myself from crying. It was embarrassing but I got a free dessert out of it because the waitress felt sorry for me. I didn't do that on purpose. Last night after eating my veggie fried brown rice with 2 eggs, soy sauce and siracha and watching a netflix movie and finding hardly any new notifications or messages on face book I had another crying spell. I couldn't stop and this morning I have very puffy eyelids. So I guess I'm not as tough as I would like to be and I need some support.

Heey there, welcome to the forum! There are alot of nice people here who you can talk too. I feel bad for what happened at the restorant, but i want to say something. I think you are too hard on yourself! You do so many things to keep yourself busy and distracted, to help ease the pain and help yourself. Doing all those things already makes you a strong person, because you have the courage to look loneliness in the eye and try your very best to do something about it.

Hey if you ever want to talk about anything at all, you can always message me, i'm always willing to talk, or just listen if needed! :)

Welcome, I think that being here at ALL, will help you feel better. :)

edited to fix the word the to that, and in a lot of posts I noticed I say hear instead of here. lol :p

Hey there, welcome to the forum. You're not alone. I hope you'll get to make some friends from here to chat to from time to time. :)

By the way, I love cats too! I can't wait to have my own. What are your cats' names?

Welcome to ALL. A lot of people on here can relate to you, as you may have already read. Try to focus on the positives. Like the fact that you are trying. Keep doing that. As long as you try to make things better, there is a chance that they will become better.

You're welcome to add me onto Facebook if you like. I'm around quite a lot :)

ladyforsaken said:
Hey there, welcome to the forum. You're not alone. I hope you'll get to make some friends from here to chat to from time to time. :)

By the way, I love cats too! I can't wait to have my own. What are your cats' names?

My cats names are Rosie and Spotty. Rosie is siamese color brown with tortoishelle markings, white chest, white paws, and tabby tail and blue eyes and she is female. Spotty is my male cat and he is black and white with yellow-green eyes.

Hey Alonewith2cats. I've been studying German myself so if you wanna talk about that or anything else then please feel free to PM me. Ohh and welcome to the forums. :D

Alonewith2cats said:
ladyforsaken said:

My cats names are Rosie and Spotty. Rosie is siamese color brown with tortoishelle markings, white chest, white paws, and tabby tail and blue eyes and she is female. Spotty is my male cat and he is black and white with yellow-green eyes.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww I can just imagine them in my mind and they're so adorable!!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... I'm a softie when it comes to cats. Sighs..
You have such adorable cats! :)

Welcome Alonewith2cats, I think it is great you are trying with hobbies and trying to get out, that is very good, though of course hobbies as well as cats can not replace human contact. Did you ever try to find groups for the hobbies you do?

I hope you can find support you need, perhaps try the chat here, it can be good when you feel alone and need some one to talk to

Welcome!
I think it's great that you're making so many efforts with hobbies, but I do know exactly what you mean about not being motivated to go out so much when you're doing it alone. I have the same issue. And I'm sorry about the crying (even if it meant a free dessert). I'm glad the cats are company for you. You will find good support here. Do they have anything like Meetup.com in Germany? You might find a group of like-minded people to go on outings to places like the aquarium or restaurants, or a language club. Anyway, welcome again and hope you're having a good day today!

Hi Alonewith2cats, welcome to the forum! I've come here before when needing support and the people around here are very nice! *hugs*

LostInTheSupermarket said:
Welcome!
I think it's great that you're making so many efforts with hobbies, but I do know exactly what you mean about not being motivated to go out so much when you're doing it alone. I have the same issue. And I'm sorry about the crying (even if it meant a free dessert). I'm glad the cats are company for you. You will find good support here. Do they have anything like Meetup.com in Germany? You might find a group of like-minded people to go on outings to places like the aquarium or restaurants, or a language club. Anyway, welcome again and hope you're having a good day today!

Hi LostInTheSupermarket. I live in San Diego and German is my second language and I'm not fluent. What is interesting though is that I do have aunts and cousins in Germany so perhaps I probably would not feel lonely in Germany. But moving to another country isn't my choice, a vacation back there in the future would be wonderful!

I've tried meetup.com. I find it difficult to first of all find the right group, and the ones that meet when my schedule permits. I work Monday through Friday, commute by bus to and from work which takes up more time, and I only have weekends off. And I would want to meet them in the day time. A lot of groups meet in the middle of the week or at night.

Alonewith2cats said:
Hi LostInTheSupermarket. I live in San Diego and German is my second language and I'm not fluent. What is interesting though is that I do have aunts and cousins in Germany so perhaps I probably would not feel lonely in Germany. But moving to another country isn't my choice, a vacation back there in the future would be wonderful!

I've tried meetup.com. I find it difficult to first of all find the right group, and the ones that meet when my schedule permits. I work Monday through Friday, commute by bus to and from work which takes up more time, and I only have weekends off. And I would want to meet them in the day time. A lot of groups meet in the middle of the week or at night.

Omg, sorry for the mix-up re: Germany versus living in SD and learning German, I have a hard time sometimes on boards with reading too quickly. Sorry. But wouldn't it be great to go sometime and be around family while practicing the language you're learning!
I've had some trouble finding the right group with Meetup, too. A lot of them with my interests are defunct/dormant, or one I went to was cliquey (not the point of Meetup!). Yes, most do meet at night.

Please give the cats a pat for me.

Latest posts

Back