Hi I’m new!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellatrix

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I found this site after feeling very depressed and googling lonely! So glad this site popped up.
A bit about me, I have been unhappily married for 32 years, children have left home, very boring and unfulfilled job in a warehouse. My husband is much better now he doesn’t drink, but we sleep in separate rooms and there is no physical relationship anymore.
i guess I miss having someone that puts their arms round you when you are feeling low, and telling you things will be ok. I think I could deal with that better if I was on my own, I’m not sure, I have been with him since I was 15 so have never experienced being on my own, but I am so lonely, does this make sense?
I have lots of acquaintances but not friends, and I’d love to be able to laugh so much that you cry, haven’t done that in so long!
So I guess I’m here to find friends that I can trust and talk to.
Thank you for reading my ramblings 🙂

Welcome to the forum! Do you think that maybe there is a shot at trying to reconnect with him? Kind of like starting over. You know like maybe go out on fun dates. Would you want to do that? Do you think there's a chance that it might work to get you two closer again?

Welcome to the forum! Do you think that maybe there is a shot at trying to reconnect with him? Kind of like starting over. You know like maybe go out on fun dates. Would you want to do that? Do you think there's a chance that it might work to get you two closer again?
Nooo, way too much to go into, but he is better since covid ment he couldn’t go out drinking, and he’s now stopped, but I’m happier to not reconnect

Hello everyone
I found this site after feeling very depressed and googling lonely! So glad this site popped up.
A bit about me, I have been unhappily married for 32 years, children have left home, very boring and unfulfilled job in a warehouse. My husband is much better now he doesn’t drink, but we sleep in separate rooms and there is no physical relationship anymore.
i guess I miss having someone that puts their arms round you when you are feeling low, and telling you things will be ok. I think I could deal with that better if I was on my own, I’m not sure, I have been with him since I was 15 so have never experienced being on my own, but I am so lonely, does this make sense?
I have lots of acquaintances but not friends, and I’d love to be able to laugh so much that you cry, haven’t done that in so long!
So I guess I’m here to find friends that I can trust and talk to.
Thank you for reading my ramblings 🙂
No intentions stealing your thread, just referring when I was in same sit. I choose to divorce and have no regrets. Living with a spouse that ignores you is a dead end. My wife ignored me and criticized all initiative so I got nowhere. My divorce learned me i don't have to fit in, Iam free to do whatever I want and feel like without listen to others approval or critique. After the divorce I don't find loneliness depressing anymore, now it is freedom without disturbances or prejudice, like chatting here without anyone asking what Iam smiling about =0)

Last edited:
I'm glad you've joined the group, Bellatrix and I hope you find cause to stay.
For my part, I'm looking to redefine my own place in the world.
This forum can be (....isn't always though...) a place to find useful feedback.....sometimes support and encouragement too.

I, too, have no friends; I have lots of pets that help fill the void. A person can feel lonely even in a crowd. I understand what you are saying and hope something soon makes you laugh.

Latest posts

Back