hi i am new here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mich32

hi

I thought i would join your site as i also suffer from a socail loneliness i am 32 and never really had any female friends accept when i was at school. i find it very difficult to make friends with women, im not sure if thats me or whether women are very suspicious of making friends with other women anyway i am not working at the moment and feel that i am in a way isolated the only way i seem to go out to meet people is in the pub which is not ideal as i dont always want to go out to the pub, i do have a close friend that is my best friend and we hang out every day together which is cool he is male without him i would have any social life at all. I do like the internet but find that i havent really made any friends and prefer to meet people rather than chat on he internet. I have tried chat rooms but find i dont know there language there seems to a strange alien lauguage in chat rooms dont you think? Which i dont understand really/ I would love to go out with a female for a night out but its not happening. I even created a social group for females on the yahoo so we can meet up and go shopping whatever in my city but hardly anyone's joined adn no ones making much effort.
i feel at a loss does anyone else go through this?

Mich32,

I'm in my late 30's and i've never had any long term adult friends offline.I can tell you now it's very hard to find friend offline but online,it's not a problem.I don't know what's going on but people don't value friendship anymore.

hi mich32,

I go through this too. It's so hard to make friends anymore and online it seems like women don't have much interest in each other and are only looking for boyfriends. This makes it hard to even find guy friends either since then most guys just think you want them. It just seems like to me everyone has become so overprotective of themselves that they keep everybody at a distance. It's getting so dog eat dog out there. I haven't had a female friend in so long. It always turns out to be about competition instead of friendship. :(

Welcome to LonelyLife, mich32.
There are plenty of very friendly ladies here, but we do have a tendancy to be from all over the world... so offline meet-ups don't really happen much. I suppose it's worth a try though :)
Either way it's nice to have you joining us and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me :):):)

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you are not alone. I am a female in my 40's and I find it extremely difficult to make new connections with women. If they already have gf's they don't seem to want to bother with anyone new or don't want to share their gfs with anyone new. Or, they have been hurt in the past and are afraid to take the risk in meeting someone new. I guess you could put myself into that category also.

There is something going on these days. People are just too busy . it seems and it feels so much more disconnected out there doesn't it?
All this new technology is effecting us socially. Nobody knows how to have a conversation anymore. No one feels safe getting close.

I have made a few friends on this site. Male and female. What's going on with your yahoo group? No one responded at all? Hey, at least you're trying.

Hang in there there's bound to be another women near you who's looking for a friend. It's just getting harder to connect. It's not you don't take it personally.

Good luck,

christine

Latest posts

Back