Hi, I finally made a post

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sniffles

Reaction score
Hi, 31M Australia. Long time lurker here, I probably first stumbled onto this site more than 10 years ago when I googled 'lonely', and reached the thread where everyone said they did the same thing. I come back to this site once in a blue moon to read about other's experiences and to try to feel a connection with other people that also feel lonely. A recent bout of loneliness and despair prompted me to actually join and write something, maybe in hope that some sort of action may alter my cruel fate.

I'm an introvert and have some social anxiety. I'm usually mute in group settings and only really appreciate talking one on one where I can actually have time to listen to the other person as well as be heard, or perhaps just appreciating each other's company. I'm also uninterested in most group chat topics where one person is talking without actually saying much.

I currently have my parents and 2 different friends, who I met in the last few years and who I see once every few months. This seems to be getting less frequent as people change and have their own changing priorities. Other than that I have no social life. Imagining my life when I will have no one fills me with dread.

Sometimes I imagine it would be nice to have 1 best friend who you can call up randomly and do stuff with, or just sit in front of the tv and just chill with and not be drained of energy. Some sort of brotherly love where you can give hugs to each other and not be awkward.

Thanks for reading, hope you have a peaceful day/night!

Hullo, welcome to the forums. NSW, are you anywhere near Byron Bay? that's my next destination once / if this pandemic malarkey is over.

:) I've lurked a lot of forums, mostly technical ones. But, it's more fun to post and atleast somewhat interact with others. I ended up writing offline to a few members for a little while. It's nice to get to know others especially in other countries. It's also helped me realize that crazy people are everywhere. They are not just local to me. Ha! ha!

Hullo, welcome to the forums. NSW, are you anywhere near Byron Bay? that's my next destination once / if this pandemic malarkey is over.
It would have been very unlikely for me to be near Byron Bay given most of the population is distributed in the cities :D. I imagine you'd stop by Gold Coast and enjoy the sunshine there as well.

Hello and welcome, thanks for joining and posting.

Latest posts

Back