Hi i'm new here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juels000

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I thought I would come and introduce myself as I only found this site yesterday and i'm hoping that this forum will help.

A bit of background on me is, I am 43 and am dreading getting old and being alone, I struggle with making friends and have no real friends and also have no family so it is hard and some times I get to a point when the loneliness is unbearable.

For 4 years I have been battling with depression which also led to Agoraphobia so I am unable to go out of the house alone My agoraphobia is not so much fear of open spaces but fear of people, this has been bought on by many past experiences. I am at this moment in time trying to recover from this but have found that the friends I had before the depression have all gone and I realised that they were a very negative influence in my life anyway, so it is a blessing that they have gone. They didn't like to see the change that I am making to get past the depression etc and have that I have started to become a more positive person, but they obviously wanted me to stay the negative person i used to be. So, yes, I now find myself with no friends so have been hunting the internet trying to see if i was alone in this and luckily i have found this site and realise that I'm not alone in my struggle to find friends and have no family support. I just wanted to say Hi to all and hope I can contribute to this forum in a positive way :)

Welcome to the site. At least you're not alone here. Hopefully you find something you're looking for. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back