Hi looking for place to vent with people who understand

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 190694

Reaction score
Hi I’m 36 year old woman I’ve never had friends or a boyfriend. I felt alone all my life always made fun of and I’ve been dealing with severe anxiety for years now. I’m afraid to even leave my house. I don’t really have anyone to talk to or understands. I’ve tried therapists lot of them they never helped. I’ve wanted to be loved all my life and still I’m alone and I’m afraid I’ll never find someone. I also feel sad I missed out on my youth. Hope to have some really nice people to talk to who are understanding

Welcome to you. Hopefully you find some solace and friends in this forum. Life can be such a struggle for some people and almost impossible for others. The past is somewhere we can revisit, but often best not to dwell there. The future is unknown, make the most of it :)

Welcome I suffered in similar way, scared to leave my house after a awful attack. Finally im engaged and happy so theres hope 🙂 Good luck finding understanding on here 😇 I haven't… but theres always hope.

Welcome to ALL. :)

With therapy, it takes finding the right one for you. That can be hard and frustrating as hell. Have you tried support groups for your anxiety? There are lots of chat rooms out there that focus on that. Maybe it's not ONE person you need, but a group of them that understand and support you. Yes yes, that's why you're HERE. lol But maybe something focused on just that would help too. It would also expose you to more people. You'll find your people, just don't give up.

I’m alone and I’m afraid I’ll never find someone. I also feel sad I missed out on my youth. Hope to have some really nice people to talk to who are understanding
Hi.
And same here on all the above. Especially the missed youth part (no proms, no spring breaks, no college hijinks, etc..).
Feel free to vent away.

I was in a similar situation and I was saved only by the advent of the Internet ... I'm really glad you are willing to reach out

Welcome to the site. I'm in a similar situation myself so I understand

There is a book called, "Hope and Help For Your Nerves," by Dr. Claire Weekes. She suffered from it herself (nervous illness), I found out.

I came up with this quote once; maybe it's not original: "Life can begin at any moment." And, "every day is a new beginning."

Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Hi I’m 36 year old woman I’ve never had friends or a boyfriend. I felt alone all my life always made fun of and I’ve been dealing with severe anxiety for years now. I’m afraid to even leave my house. I don’t really have anyone to talk to or understands. I’ve tried therapists lot of them they never helped. I’ve wanted to be loved all my life and still I’m alone and I’m afraid I’ll never find someone. I also feel sad I missed out on my youth. Hope to have some really nice people to talk to who are understanding
Do you suffer from C-PTSD? If you want to have children, you need to find a man soon, as your time is running out for that at your age. I'm sorry you've had to endure the loneliness.

Welcome. Your situation's a familiar one here, so you should find some people understanding your plight and offering support. Let me be the first one here to say that Jesus already loves you more than anyone else ever can or will. Understanding, having, and appreciating that relationship will help compensate for the lack of friends or a mate.

Still, I recognize that we all want and need people in our lives and you're being deprived. Might I suggest that a good evangelical Christian church is probably the best environment for acquiring new relationships? Just going to a worship service won't do it, but joining a small group and getting involved with the individuals there may be the easiest path to improving your situation. I know it's tough going to a new church by yourself because I do it myself as I travel around full time. But, I find it's a far safer and more receptive environment than other social options.

Welcome. Are you comfortable talking about what triggered all these problems you are having? Do you feel that experiences from your childhood played a big part?

Latest posts

Back