Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question about phone numbers. Not including the area code, the phone numbers here in the US have 7 digits, like 333 4567. Is that the same elsewhere, and if it is, are there any that start with something like 101 9999?
Phone numbers in the US have ten digits.....you forgot the area code. And technically, if you are calling from outside the US, a phone number has eleven digits for the country code. Every country has their own country code that you have to use at the beginning if you are calling from elsewhere.

Wait...are the four of us the population of the island of misfit members? That would be a fresia all awesome group

So.....active...not active...active...is any statement, sentence too much? Like, who is judging you? I'm honestly curious

Yes, I know you said that, but as you can't make a phone call in the US anymore without including the area code, you can't NOT count that. Unless there's some special place where area codes aren't needed?
I make calls daily using only 7 digits...literally..just key in the 7 numbers, it rings, they pick up, we talk

I can't believe how much this nagging at me...have you tried calling, let's say, a local business with just the 7 numbers? I don't understand this struggle...it is like a grain of dust in the eye..I need to know more about this area code handicap

Yes, I know you said that, but as you can't make a phone call in the US anymore without including the area code, you can't NOT count that. Unless there's some special place where area codes aren't needed?

It is confusing me. Some calls I can make with seven digits and other calls that didn't use to require an area code do now. I am never sure which to use. Maybe I can use the area code on them all and not be concerned it, if it only required seven. I should try that.

Oh, so the two of you live in a special place. lol
I live in the Great Lakes region...not getting more specific than that. But yes, calling without the area code does not work for me. I have tried it. Where I live you have to use the area code.

It is confusing me. Some calls I can make with seven digits and other calls that didn't use to require an area code do now. I am never sure which to use. Maybe I can use the area code on them all and not be concerned it, if it only required seven. I should try that.

You can call with the area code, even if it's not needed. You could also through in the country code, just for shits and giggles if you like.

I really should have used Google for this question, it didn't exactly stay on the tracks. But learned about phone service in other areas, so, a draw I guess?

Latest posts

Back