Hmm

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tearful Jem

Reaction score
Middle-aged, no children, no friends. Uprooted from Canada to the US to be with spouse but things did not go as planned. So now I'm here (US), going blind, no social circle (living out in the boonies on a farm) and basically my only social life is the internet. Oh, and I have a cat - but he prefers to stay out of my room. I'm a huge talker and used to be a world traveler, teacher and avid reader. Now that I can't do most of these things due to health reasons, I find myself isolated and truly alone. I can't say that I have friends - I have people who pass through my life and barely leave skid-marks.

So yeah, there is me in a nutshell! *waves to all* Wishing everyone a good day!

Hello and thanks for stopping by. :)

@non_entity a farm can be great for peace and quiet but it can also lend itself to isolation. Either way, I love the sounds of nature that come with it, and there is plenty of room for my dog to roam. <3

Hello Jem, welcome to the forums. sorry to hear about your health issues. I was a world traveller, I can very rarely motivate myself to leave my front door nowadays tho, and a teacher, I taught guitar and yoga but can't really do either now due to my health issues.

@randomguy, it's all good. The blindness is not progressing as quickly as some, so I am hopeful! My right eye is the one I can't see/read out of at all. The left one is very myopic but at least it can make out stuff still! *chuckles* Also, sympathize with the setting the foot out of the front door issue. The pandemic surely hasn't helped but even without it, I feel agoraphobic in most places. *hugs* I used to play the piano and taught it in my university days - so I can identify with your not being able to teach guitar. It's like losing a part of yourself that is hanging just outside your reach but you know you can't grab/hold onto it again.

Middle-aged, no children, no friends. Uprooted from Canada to the US to be with spouse but things did not go as planned. So now I'm here (US), going blind, no social circle (living out in the boonies on a farm) and basically my only social life is the internet. Oh, and I have a cat - but he prefers to stay out of my room. I'm a huge talker and used to be a world traveler, teacher and avid reader. Now that I can't do most of these things due to health reasons, I find myself isolated and truly alone. I can't say that I have friends - I have people who pass through my life and barely leave skid-marks.

So yeah, there is me in a nutshell! *waves to all* Wishing everyone a good day!
Greetings and salutations. Welcome to the abyss of melancholic gloom

Latest posts

Back