Hobbies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edward W said:
Sarah_Lbnz said:
-I want to learn to bake proper cakes, with all the layers and icing and sh*t

I am willing to eat your cakes and give feedback. :p

Hmmmm, maybe I'll start a baking/cake thread with my creations, and you can give feedback on how good you think it tastes. Oh, the delicious, delicious torture I will give!

SophiaGrace said:
Sarah_Lbnz said:
-commit more time to practicing foreign languages

You and me both. I want to resume learning German.

I'm not very good at languages so I'll have to rely on talking LOUDER and S-L-O-W-E-R

Right now mainly just video games and random programming projects. I used to drum in a garage band but I had to sell my guitars and drums to settle some bills last time I was unemployed. Since then I just haven't been able to save any money.

Sarah_Lbnz said:
Edward W said:
Sarah_Lbnz said:
-I want to learn to bake proper cakes, with all the layers and icing and sh*t

I am willing to eat your cakes and give feedback. :p

Hmmmm, maybe I'll start a baking/cake thread with my creations, and you can give feedback on how good you think it tastes. Oh, the delicious, delicious torture I will give!

Mmmmm cakes. I've tried baking red velvet twice and it turned out quite bad.

I love baking cakes and cookies, play online games, watch movies and read. I'm new here btw. So, hi everyone. :)

SolitarySol said:
I love baking cakes and cookies, play online games, watch movies and read. I'm new here btw. So, hi everyone. :)

Wow - If I wasn't already married I'd be all like "How you doin'?" :D

I like eating cakes and cookies baked by someone else, playing games, watching movies, reading and writing.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Edward W said:
SolitarySol said:

Wow - If I wasn't already married I'd be all like "How you doin'?" :D

I like eating cakes and cookies baked by someone else, playing games, watching movies, reading and writing.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Lol... thank you! Writing is great. It is my tool to vent.

Walking, listening to music, watching movies, watching tv, sometimes reading, surfing the internet. Not a whole lot else. I'm kind of boring I guess.

Mike413 said:
Walking, listening to music, watching movies, watching tv, sometimes reading, surfing the internet. Not a whole lot else. I'm kind of boring I guess.

Well, it's not boring for me. These are what I do most of the time. :)

Reading - Mostly sci-fi and fantasy. But also history, mostly english and european medieval to early 20th century history.
Genealogy - Family history. Collecting letters, photos, and documents. Tracing my family tree as far back as the 10th century so far.
Art - Painting (oils, watercolours, and acrylics), sketching, and pastels.
Video Games - Xbox360 and PS3.
Photography - Mostly use Canon cameras.
Astronomy - Not in to the mathematical side of it, but just the looking and being awe-struck by it ...
Writing - Short stories mostly, although I write poetry sometimes. Throw in writing alternate histories as well.
News - I like to keep up to date on world events. Politics, tech, sports.
Shopping - Yep. I know, it's odd for a guy to like shopping, but I do.

Also ad the current interest in philosophy, especially existentialism. And mythology, mostly Greek, Roman, and Norse.

And I like going out in general. Just don't get to do it much, since it's something I like to do with someone else to share it with. Sounds corny, I know, but I really am someone who likes to go and watch a sunset.

Like I've said for a long, long time, I really like the hobbies I have, and I have quite a few. It's just finding someone to share some of them with that's the problem ....

I enjoy learning random facts, writing, walking in the country, star gazing, watching TV, good conversation and playing video games - although I should avoid that one because I tend to use them as a crutch.

I used to enjoy cooking, but these days I find that it gives my mind entirely too much time to think.

I love playing music, its the greatest feeling when you do it to lift peoples spirits, and a great way to empty the heavyness of the heart, I love how its such an easy avenue for selfexpression, I wrote a beautiful song and got two of my friends who are amazing singers to help me smooth out the rough edges then we played & sang it at church, it brought half the congregation to tears, the power of soulful music is humbling

PrinceOfPeace said:
I love playing music, its the greatest feeling when you do it to lift peoples spirits, and a great way to empty the heavyness of the heart, I love how its such an easy avenue for selfexpression, I wrote a beautiful song and got two of my friends who are amazing singers to help me smooth out the rough edges then we played & sang it at church, it brought half the congregation to tears, the power of soulful music is humbling

I would like to hear this song. Any chance that can happen through a recording? I'm not a song-writer but I enjoy strumming my guitar and singing. However singing in public I don't like to do. I won't even sing in front of buddies without extensive practice. And then even with practice, I'm excessively humble.

SolitarySol said:
Mmmmm cakes. I've tried baking red velvet twice and it turned out quite bad.

Are your cookies like the ones made my some supermarkets? They're so soft and squidgy, they taste so good I almost cry with pleasure.

PS; welcome to the site.

I enjoy a lot of things, now that I think of it. Bicycling and hiking are two things I wouldn't give up for anything.
And what else gives me fun? Anything that has to do with linguistics is fun, as well as learning new languages, postcrossing and collecting postcards, traveling when I can afford it, strumming my guitar, singing to myself, flea markets, having tea and something sweet to eat, baking and following youtube video bloggers.

In the short summer months, spending time outdoors is a must for me. And I LOVE all of it: bicycling, hiking, camping, going to the beach & swimming, rollerskating, rowing a boat, picking berries, anything available. I can easily forget about the existence of my laptop, the internet, social media, stupid TV commercials, even my phone for ten weeks and just hippy-skippy-tra-la-lah all around as much as I can. :D

Writing music and stories, reading, coding visual basic XHTML and SQL, listening to music, watching movies and tv shows, playing video games, caring for animals.

Plus, that **** Candy Crush thing that everyone is playing. My sister got me into it, and now I'm hooked!

I like to do a few things..

Go out with friends
Play games
Make art
Exercise
Listen to music
Write
Bike ride

Video Games
Yu-Gi-Oh
Discovering new and exciting music

I think we can learn a lot about people and find others to talk to if we share our hobbies, so I'm going to resurrect this thread from the dead. Yes, it's been done here before and hasn't really taken off, but I think it would help a lot of people here find others that share their interests, which will in turn possibly give them a connection to others.

My hobbies include baking, photographer, gaming, finding 4-leaf clovers and drawing.

Latest posts

Back