Hobbies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I collect human skulls in my refrigerator... lol, just kidding.  ;)

Hmm, hobbies as opposed to true sports: reading good library books, playing old school board games, playing cards, throwing darts, shooting pool, tinkering with vehicles & motorbikes.  :)

Under sports, I'd list: hiking, bicycling, dirt biking & street riding, and of course sailing, if I ever get around to owning another boat. My days of vertical skateboarding & hard technical rock climbing have ended, but I had a good run with each sport, and I might still do a long moderate climb at the Stronghold if I get the chance.  :cool:

Sidewinder said:
I collect human skulls in my refrigerator... lol, just kidding.  ;)

You better be!

Everyone knows human skulls are best kept in your attic in bags with those little packets you're not supposed to eat (and don't cause they taste bad).

As for hobbies I probably spend too much time playing online poker.

Other than that watching tv/movies, listening to music, playing the odd videogame, etc.

I feel like I have fewer "hobbies" than I do "distractions" from the reality that the seas of life are rough and I am drowning.

Edit: I swear I meant to list them. I mostly do mindless things, like Civ 6. I like modding games too. I write a bit when I have a burst of creative energy.

Aardra said:
I feel like I have fewer "hobbies" than I do "distractions" from the reality that the seas of life are rough and I am drowning.

yeah, those are hobbies... but you didn't list any :/

I like to read, crochet, spend time with my dogs, video games, imagine I have money to go anywhere, draw (I'm not any good, I just like to do it)

About 2 years ago I got into collecting vinyl records. It's an expensive hobby I remind you, but I've been collecting all of my favorite albums.

Another hobby of mine that I do a lot is creative writing. Writing has always been my outlet. :) I also like art too. I mostly use pastels or paint.

Too many hobbies I listed some on my profile.
Think it became many more since getting online in 2004 when DD start school had some free time.
And found many new to me hobbies some do only few times a year others weekly or daily and change to other things depends on health issues.

Last edited:
Anything that flies, boomarangs are cool. A buddy and I built them for a while. Free flight models. (Any idot can use a radio. Try building a plane from scratch that has controlled flight of its own.)

Writing. Horror, suspense... working my way into romantica. Wrote my own word processor for it... well it's not finished yet, but I can use it.

Bicycles... pedal power in general... planes, cars, trikes, boats, submarines.

Cars of the 50s, 60s, and 70,s.

Music of the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

Carpentry. House stuff, furniture stuff, or just little boxes. My son is into photography. We've built some elaborate pinhole cameras. That was fun.

Puter games... usually older stuff. Programming, webgramming.

Making up words. :p

About 2 years ago I got into collecting vinyl records. It's an expensive hobby I remind you, but I've been collecting all of my favorite albums.
I started this a while back. I thought the old album covers made cool wall hangings. My son does the same with Laser Disc covers.

Learning about new laws that continually make the government more and more powerful. I bet within a decade every single transaction that takes place will go through government servers. Then algorithms will be used to pull out lists of people to go after for various crimes that have nothing to do with the purchases that they made.

Latest posts

Back