Hope seems moot to me..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan27

Reaction score
hope
(noun)
a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.

To me this is like an un-answered "wish" that never happens, nor appears.
Too many folks hope for a savior to fix everything in this world & make it right.
Good luck with that !

Never give up = keep suffering/keep striving.
I reckon, my problems are mine to solve.
I can ask for help but may not get it.

I understand why suicides are just folks that reached their breaking point.
Tired of the battles & emptiness they feel.

The bottom-line is that I/You must choose to endure it all or end it all.

Pick the one I/You believe in.

Don't expect much from others, because the thing we get when we expect more is nothing.

Live on the hope for a better tomorrow or else you will dwell on your sorrows.

We all lose to anxiety, but it is up to us to get up and face it.

Don't let fear stop you from growing, Don't let the past hold you in a cage of regret, Yesterday was the lesson, Today is the reward

The hardest part after being hurt isn't healing; it's learning to trust again.

Imagine a world full of happy people, show someone love, make someone happy, be the best you can be, lets build a happier world -

Stop obsessing over your dreams. You dream about things that aren't achievable. Those that are, you barely think about them and take them for granted.

Hope lies in what action we take.

One percent of hope is good to start with to defeat 99% of despair.

Completely depends on your mentality, and I think that's key. Hope is not necessarily unanswered, and in fact often IS answered at the point you need it most. For some people hope is all they have and without it there's no point, enduring things is fine, but doing it without the HOPE that something is going to change because of your efforts is simply pointless.

I personally think it's bollocks. Hope isn't pointless and that's not a naive point of view. It's that the breaking point, the threshold of how much pain you're capable of enduring, is incredibly high. I don't think I could've said as much 6 years ago, but after having lived through it...
I believe that people who commit suicide, while I understand it, don't realise before going exactly how high that threshold is. I'm nothing special. But the level of honeysuckle I've endured would sound like a lie. So if I did it....anyone can. Really.

I personally think it's bollocks. Hope isn't pointless and that's not a naive point of view. It's that the breaking point, the threshold of how much pain you're capable of enduring, is incredibly high. I don't think I could've said as much 6 years ago, but after having lived through it...
I believe that people who commit suicide, while I understand it, don't realise before going exactly how high that threshold is. I'm nothing special. But the level of honeysuckle I've endured would sound like a lie. So if I did it....anyone can. Really.
I agree with this,hope may just be what someone has in their life.

Don't let fear stop you from growing, Don't let the past hold you in a cage of regret, Yesterday was the lesson, Today is the reward

The hardest part after being hurt isn't healing; it's learning to trust again.

Imagine a world full of happy people, show someone love, make someone happy, be the best you can be, lets build a happier world -
All of these are incredible Dan ❤️✌️🙂

Latest posts

Back