How about no creepers and sociopaths?

• Thread starter GizmonicScrewdriver
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the OP possibly had a bad experience somewhere else and maybe got the idea all forums are like that.
I was on a step parent forum for about two weeks. I posted 21 times. Helpful stuff imo.
One of the admin made a post and said that it wasn't ok for people to read and not post. She said it made other members feel unsafe. Well, I had no idea why some people just reading would make others feel unsafe, so I said I was new, could someone explain that to me.
LOL...the admin, who stated she was in "***** mode" (her own words) immediately deleted me or blocked me or whatever. My point for sharing this is that there are some sites out there that get pretty ramped up about "lurkers."

Don't take anything I say as personal, I'm just seeing it from all angles and speaking on it. And for the record, I don't know anyone replying here personally, I'm simply a long-term quiet observer speaking his mind bluntly while we're on the topic of 'creepers' and how many people are active here.

While I don't necessarily agree with the OP, and how he dealt with the replies; There was far too much bitterness, misunderstanding, and assumptions thrown around in this thread (again), and I can kinda see why OP felt like he was getting ganged up on and mistaking Callie for an admin. She certainly carries herself like a pseudo-admin. She's in every controversial thread, and correcting with strong confidence. Like an admin or moderator.

Maybe this should be a lesson learned, that this is yet again ANOTHER thread with the same extremely old narrative with an overly inflated sense of self-righteous bitterness with careful structure. Where's that same careful structure when it comes to making sure people don't take things the wrong way?

In my personal 'opinion', The real reason we only have as many active members as we do? Because more often than not, already socially anxious and anti-confrontational people have to constantly feel like they have to walk on egg shells here.

Lighten up some, quit nitpicking, put away the hidden torches that are itching to be let out, and maybe just MAYBE we'll have more members staying. And not the same 3 or 4 people replying in every other controversial thread (whom I always see huddle in the chatroom or discord over these threads, making it feel like it's high school all over again). Yes, there's my entitled "assumption" as I just left 'a chatroom' with passive aggressive jokes about this very thread. It's something new to talk about, right?

It's clear to see with his last reply, that OP is misunderstood and feels like honeysuckle for taking what you guys said wrongly and yet he's STILL the "joke" of the day now.

Maybe some self-reflection as to why ALL chat is more often dead than not, is in order too. Whilst, I agree I shouldn't bring the chat into the forum... I hypocritically did so to make a point as it seems doing vice-versa is apparently okay. Or should I be more passive aggressive and speak with mindful precision to hide my double standardized rules too?

We just lost another member, with what feels like a 'don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out' attitude, which is completely asinine to what this forum is supposed to be about unless I'm apparently oblivious to it. No, we can't control who does or does not want to stay here, but that's no excuse to be counter-productive about it based on ones personal views or of how someone should be told-off or think. There's other approaches besides the 'tough love' approach which is ineffective against the broken or lost whom may only visit here to be understood, and accepted. NOT changed into what someone else thinks they should be. It's entirely bigoted and selfish. We don't need high horses with badges of honour here, we need more empathy and compassion.

Things need to feel more welcoming and taken with a grain of salt otherwise enjoy talking to the same group of people, always. That goes for everyone here, including the OP and myself.

Never seen a more self righteous, hypocritical post in all of my time here. It's most beautiful work of projection to come my in a long time. People should really read their posts back before posting them. Its more self referential than a dictionary. Pot calling the silver kettle black. The only angle you're seeing anything from is your own. Ok ill stop now. =p

This thread deserves every bit of ridicule that has been thrown at it. You don't go into a community and start being inflammatory and calling people names and expect to be pampered. Especially when it's obvious that OP has no idea what he/she is talking about.

If people are so afraid of confrontation and having their ideas challenged then they should honestly try a different medium of communication. Perhaps look for an echo chamber or I guess a cave would do in a pinch. Or maybe find a nice rock to hide under. I hear colleges have safe spaces. Maybe thats where everyone should go.

And honestly... OP is the only one in this thread that is actually being inflammatory and calling people names. I honestly don't know where your self righteous attitude is coming from on this one.

Luckily I do enjoy talking to the same people, even if there isn't much to agree on. I'd rather deal with that than waste time getting close to a bunch of fake, cowardly, overly agreeable people that are afraid to be themselves. I've wasted enough time dealing that here. Im glad they weed themselves out. Saves me the time.

There's a difference between having a disagreement or having your ideas challenged, and someone just being outright nasty and a bully, calling people names. Most of the actual sociopath like bullies aren't around as much anymore. (The few women that I referenced earlier.)

I edit the honeysuckle out of my posts after the fact so I feel sorry if anyone quotes this in the next 30 minutes.

And on that note its time this thread came to an end. Nothing good is coming of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back