how are you all?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone get really lonely when there with people. I'm 35 I've spent so much time with my kids, I forget how to talk to Adults. I don't know what to do about this I'm just divorced and my Ex kept the kids with him. Anyone have ideas about how to meet people without going to the bar? Or the internet. I'm so new to this meeting people thing how do you do it?

Hi...I am lonely..and sad ..and angry at my-self for been such an idiot that I can't even make friendships to develope....honeysuckle where I go wrong I ask?

Don't blame yourself. Sometimes its upbringing and what environments people are exposed to that helps form their personalities and how they interact with people.

In the past I've purchased some books on body language and how to make people like you and they have helped a little. I've learned that people pick up vibes I send out without me knowing it like body language and eye contact. So now I make it a point to try to always make direct eye contact with people and say hello even if its a store cashier I'll never see again. I've noticed it makes a difference because last week I went to a store and the cashier greeted me with a smile and a hello but I was feeling vulnerable that day and didn't make eye contact with him when I said hello and I looked over immediately when I realized it and saw that his face and demeanor had changed because he got some signal from me that I didn't want to be spoken to.

Than you Frecconia... appreciate your support...you always have a line or two...and this feels good.

Wow Frecconia you are spot on. I do the same and notice that when I make eye contact people seem to react in a warmer, friendlier fashion. (Not always) It is just as you stated. Glad you shared that.

Falco

Latest posts

Back