How do you feel now compared to when you joined?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetsuo

Reaction score
How did you feel about your life when you joined the forum compared to how you feel now?
Has there been much change? and if so, whats changed for you and how long did it take? what helped you change?
or are you exactly the same as before?

I wish that I could be positive and state that my life has changed for the better since I have joined, however that just isn't the case.

I barely see my friends or have any kind of social interaction besides with my family when they are in a good mood and not otherwise occupied, I am still single after 5 years (sometimes it doesn't bother me), I can't seem to shed any significant weight and keep it off, I'm still no more confident than I was when I joined and I still don't know what I want to do with my life. (I don't even have any dreams or aspirations).

I have expressed an interest in undergoing voluntary work though but that was off of my own back so that doesn't really have any relevance to this site.

jetsuo said:
How did you feel about your life when you joined the forum compared to how you feel now?

I am in a better place, although not at the best at the moment - still better. And I've met so many wonderful people here. Such good-hearted people. It's just too bad everyone is so far away.

jetsuo said:
Has there been much change?

Yes, a lot of changes. Seriously.. like a rollercoaster ride.

jetsuo said:
whats changed for you and how long did it take?

Too many things have happened in the span of months. Since I joined the forum, from being diagnosed with an illness, to getting through surgery and treatment, to falling in love, to spending the best time of my life in a whole month in England with loved ones, to battling more health issues, to feeling depressed again and numbed out, to feeling the need to fix myself and move on ahead in life, to getting a promotion at work, to realising that the battle for my health isn't over, to scheduling for another treatment soon, to having misunderstandings with dear good friends, to realising who are the really good supportive people in your life, to knowing who really matters, to doubting and questioning my being and purpose in this life to feeling kinda bummed out and hopeless. In a matter of almost year being on the forum. So I'm not sure what's next.. we shall see, eh.

jetsuo said:
what helped you change?
or are you exactly the same as before?

I think I'm the same person as I was before. I don't think my personality has changed. But situations in my life has changed.. and changed my perceptions on things.

Like one example, I used to think love (intimate) can be a wonderful thing.. now I am having a hard time having faith in it.

Experiences help make these changes.

When I joined, I felt pretty lonely, things seemed to get better but recently they've gone downhill. So I'd say I'm worse off then before I joined, but if it wasn't for this place and a few members it might be worse.

I feel much better now after I joined couple years ago. Much more confident and not so shy and quiet than before. :>

I feel better, I think I knew what I wanted when I came here and I feel I have certainly made inroads to acheiving that.

I know my journey isn't complete, will it ever be? But I have a somewhere I can go, a place I now realise is home to some fellow travellers who help make the journey a little better.

I've met many wonderful people in this site that have helped me get through more easily through my scarcity of relations with people.

When I joined this forum, I was going through a very hard time, and despite the fact I wasn't as vocal back then, it still helped me.

Nowadays, things are different, and I don't use this site like I used to. But that doesn't mean it's a bad place.

I feel much worse than when I joined because of what happened today.

But I knew I could come here and talk about it, and it helped to write it down and read the replies. It also means my fiancé doesn't have to deal with quite everything. I'm sure it would be harder for him if he was my only support. So I'm sure I feel better than I would have done if I hadn't found the site.

I feel much more comfortable. I was afraid of being bullied out of here like I was on previous forums I attended. I was also very nervous meeting an entirely different roster of people.

Now, I feel much more open and comfortable. There have been some rough patches for me from time to time, but other than that, I feel more welcome and liked now.

Things have steadily gotten worse for me since I joined.
Not that they were getting better before I joined.
ha ha ha

I feel quite different to when I first joined. Although being more isolated than ever and knowing that there are no more opportunities to make friends any more - I have confidence (through a 'nothing to lose' attitude) and more importantly prospects that I might actually make something of myself (in the business sense).

I feel better, I don't really care about having friends or meeting someone. I'm glad my mobile doesn't ring or anybody sends me e mails. For 2 years all I was doing was waiting for a text / email from somebody. And getting upset when it never arrived. I hated all that crap, that pretending, sending facebook messages to people - how are you ? blah, blah - they only reply out of politeness. Now I don't bother I never hear from them. I like to be aloof, be under the radar, I've never wanted to be 'part of the pack' - if I do 'come across somebody' - I am polite and friendly but I don't rely on them.

I'm not bored, I'm not lonely. I do have an interest in lonely people so that's why I come here !

inarticulate, predictable in comparison to just about everyone else. Oh well, one can only improve.

intetesting post.

i came here when i was having issues with my then girlfriend. I was also in a new town by myself.
Since then i moved back to my hometown and have been reunited with my friends and also met a new girl so im happier .

I still like to come on here though to read posts. altho i dont really have any friends on here lol

Honestly, I feel worse. But it's not because of this site, which tends to make things hurt a little less. It's that over the time I've been here, I've lost more and more until there's basically nothing left, and I joined right when this was beginning.

When I joined I felt lonely, isolated, ignored, and like I didn't fit in with any one, any where, not even online ...

Have to say all those feelings have gotten worse.

I feel like I nag a lot lol.

Joined a week ago, and its been a hill of a week, not related to the forum. But being able to post my mind has been something of a remedy for a couple of particularly tough days. When I feel depressed it helps to read some posts and to post some of my own.
I'm sure this may be a temporary place of refuge for now, but its nice to have something to fall back on.

We'll see how long that lasts though. I may be just a ghost in a month from now.

Latest posts

Back