how do you

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
How do you feel every day,with the loneliness and depression?How do you deal with it?

Knowing that loneliness is one of the hardest challenge someone can go through I reinforce my trust in the statistics that there is someone for everyone (if you make steps in this direction after a fair self-assessment)

Developmental Critical Thinking and Kinesthetic Skills.
Teaching myself to develop the "mental muscle" of sorts in this way taught me how to better control my emotional spectrum.
Of course it isn't full-proof, no matter the resistance emotionalism is the natural organic state of humanism.
However, I hold a personal belief that our entire Social Construct has developed around Culture Industry that exploits the default state of the way that we feel.
So to combat that, I had to forcefully teach myself to detach. The idea was to come up with more things to keep my hands and body busy for me to focus my mind on, than I had of time available to spend with sorting out the way that I feel emotionally.
I was taught that it is imperative and vital to healthy survival not to neglect the importance of the way that I feel, as anything and everything about humans requires upkeep and maintenance: You don't take care of your car, eventually it breaks down. If you don't landscape your yard, eventually the Earth and nature begin to take back the building and the land. And if you don't forwardly make it a priority to sort out the way that you feel, eventually your feelings will overwhelm you, and detour your course.
So, in the name of good practice, I began to approach this dualistically:
To teach myself how to detach and stop feeling as easily as it is for me to naturally empathize, but also to teach myself to learn to deal with stress and distress and things that emotionally upset me forwardly and as quickly as possible so that they do not continue to weigh upon me, eventually resulting in my destruction. If that means I have to throw a couple of weekends to the wind to be sad, then I lose a couple of weekends to be sad. Because it is healthier to get it out and deal with it forwardly than it is to do nothing and let the problem persist. Only after can I resume this ideological state that I try to focus maintaining that I've taken to calling Mental Weightlessness, or maintaining keeping my Thoughts and Feelings separated by using a Force of Will through Cognitive Development.
The Pros and Cons are as follows:
Pros:
I can excel professionally, because I can focus on my job at an operational and logistical level without the interference of my external emotional problems more often times than not. This also applies to how I try to live my life efficiently based upon skills that I've picked up from my career in Management to help me live more efficiently financially and through health and allows me to weigh such concepts against practicality to give me a relativistic perspective.
Cons:
If this whole thing sounds like it's extremely challenging, that's because it is. The highest challenges in life come from Self to Self, not from External World to Self. Unfortunately most people do not understand the depth of this, or even how to begin doing any of this, and so it's very isolating in that it makes it difficult to emotionally connect and relate to the world around you. The reason why, is because when you start seeing the subliminal control that consumerism has on the average person who lacks this developmental fortitude for Self Control, the vast majority of society cannot relate to it on an emotional level, and you can not relate to the vast majority of society on an emotional level, thus rendering you somewhat anomalous.
Conclusively:
Its greatest asset is also its greatest vice. The only reason I'm able to make this work is I have a natural pre-disposition to creativity and introversion, which very often can result in other people believing I'm completely delusional as a result of the bottleneck of translation between how I attempt to manage myself mentally, and how much of it they can wrap their heads around on a logical level, and that's the thing, really: Corporations and governments do not want their citizens and customers to be logical, because they cannot exploit them emotionally through subliminal marketing practices without the willful consent or emotional exploitation of the individual. The thing is, MOST people know that they're being exploited in this way, but they don't know how to combat it, so our society is evolving sociopathy and manipulative tendencies just as society has been sociopathically manipulated by governments and corporations, so therefore do they begin to do so in their interpersonal relationships with those that they meet. It's been a very long time coming in development, I'd wager arguably perhaps since the end of World War II going by Galbraith's economic assessments, only now it's WAY worse...The Affluent Society is perhaps more relevant to society now on a historical level in 2022 than it was in the 1950s when it was originally written. Throughout the decades it was challenged and refuted repeatedly, bbbuuuttttt it's kind of hard to argue against it these days.

Last edited:
Developmental Critical Thinking and Kinesthetic Skills.
Teaching myself to develop the "mental muscle" of sorts in this way taught me how to better control my emotional spectrum.
Of course it isn't full-proof, no matter the resistance emotionalism is the natural organic state of humanism.
However, I hold a personal belief that our entire Social Construct has developed around Culture Industry that exploits the default state of the way that we feel.
So to combat that, I had to forcefully teach myself to detach. The idea was to come up with more things to keep my hands and body busy for me to focus my mind on, than I had of time available to spend with sorting out the way that I feel emotionally.
I was taught that it is imperative and vital to healthy survival not to neglect the importance of the way that I feel, as anything and everything about humans requires upkeep and maintenance: You don't take care of your car, eventually it breaks down. If you don't landscape your yard, eventually the Earth and nature begin to take back the building and the land. And if you don't forwardly make it a priority to sort out the way that you feel, eventually your feelings will overwhelm you, and detour your course.
So, in the name of good practice, I began to approach this dualistically:
To teach myself how to detach and stop feeling as easily as it is for me to naturally empathize, but also to teach myself to learn to deal with stress and distress and things that emotionally upset me forwardly and as quickly as possible so that they do not continue to weigh upon me, eventually resulting in my destruction. If that means I have to throw a couple of weekends to the wind to be sad, then I lose a couple of weekends to be sad. Because it is healthier to get it out and deal with it forwardly than it is to do nothing and let the problem persist. Only after can I resume this ideological state that I try to focus maintaining that I've taken to calling Mental Weightlessness, or maintaining keeping my Thoughts and Feelings separated by using a Force of Will through Cognitive Development.
The Pros and Cons are as follows:
Pros:
I can excel professionally, because I can focus on my job at an operational and logistical level without the interference of my external emotional problems more often times than not. This also applies to how I try to live my life efficiently based upon skills that I've picked up from my career in Management to help me live more efficiently financially and through health and allows me to weigh such concepts against practicality to give me a relativistic perspective.
Cons:
If this whole thing sounds like it's extremely challenging, that's because it is. The highest challenges in life come from Self to Self, not from External World to Self. Unfortunately most people do not understand the depth of this, or even how to begin doing any of this, and so it's very isolating in that it makes it difficult to emotionally connect and relate to the world around you. The reason why, is because when you start seeing the subliminal control that consumerism has on the average person who lacks this developmental fortitude for Self Control, the vast majority of society cannot relate to it on an emotional level, and you can not relate to the vast majority of society on an emotional level, thus rendering you somewhat anomalous.
Conclusively:
Its greatest asset is also its greatest vice. The only reason I'm able to make this work is I have a natural pre-disposition to creativity and introversion, which very often can result in other people believing I'm completely delusional as a result of the bottleneck of translation between how I attempt to manage myself mentally, and how much of it they can wrap their heads around on a logical level, and that's the thing, really: Corporations and governments do not want their citizens and customers to be logical, because they cannot exploit them emotionally through subliminal marketing practices without the willful consent or emotional exploitation of the individual. The thing is, MOST people know that they're being exploited in this way, but they don't know how to combat it, so our society is evolving sociopathy and manipulative tendencies just as society has been sociopathically manipulated by governments and corporations, so therefore do they begin to do so in their interpersonal relationships with those that they meet. It's been a very long time coming in development, I'd wager arguably perhaps since the end of World War II going by Galbraith's economic assessments, only now it's WAY worse...The Affluent Society is perhaps more relevant to society now on a historical level in 2022 than it was in the 1950s when it was originally written. Throughout the decades it was challenged and refuted repeatedly, bbbuuuttttt it's kind of hard to argue against it these days.
True

Latest posts

Back