How many birthday parties did you have when you were a kid?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a total of ONE when I turned 8. None after.

Oh, there was a dinner when I turned 12, my mother made me bake my own cake and served cornbeef and cabbage which I detest, it tasted terrible as well.

My 16th? LOL.

Eff birthdays.

One, when I was seven. It was a surprise party. I got yelled at for not being home on time.

My dad made it a point to be elsewhere on my birthdays.

I told my sibs I didn't want a party on my fiftieth, (their parties tend to be drunken stupors) so they ignored me completely.

I don't like a big tadoo made about me. As an adult I'd rather not have a party. But I don't get so much as a happy birthday anymore.

Yeah, eff birthdays.

I had a couple of really good ones, when I was in elementary school. We didn't really have much money, so it wasn't a consistent thing when we moved to Western Canada. We always had cake though, just a small prepared one from the store. I was always happy to celebrate someone else's birthday, but my own was (and still is) pretty meh.

One when I was six.We ended up throwing jelly at each other.My mother lost control of all the kids, near the end I had a fight with a kid about stealing my marbles.

One when I was 48 with family it was fun and everyone got really drunk.

None with friends or anything but usually had a cake and present. I have a brother and two sisters so that was the party. We didn't have a lot of money though so I just accepted it.

We didn't have a lot of money either but that wasn't the issue. The issue is that I didn't have a lot of friends and my family treated me horribly. I wasn't the girly-girl/ballerina/cheerleader my mother hoped I was. As result, I'm pretty socially inept. So now I don't bother.

None :ROFLMAO:
My mother didn't like children (yes, she got THREE) and birthday parties were not an option. I couldn't have or go to birthday parties, friends' Houses, sport activities and so on.
Indeed my parents are one of the main reasons of my social anxiety as a child.
Evidence is that since I left home (21) I've turned in a quite social person.

Last edited:
Yeah, my mom was incessantly angry. Everytime I had a friend over, I'd break a rule I had no idea existed and they had to leave. So I never had any kids over. Hence my shitty people skills.

A party, none but there would be a cake.

Yeah, my mom was incessantly angry. Everytime I had a friend over, I'd break a rule I had no idea existed and they had to leave. So I never had any kids over. Hence my shitty people skills.
Fortunately I lived in a small neighbourhood so I have neighbours kids to play with. We would never stay at home but walk and cycle in the nearby. We did so many things together, nowadays it would be impossible for kids.
Then I became friend with a very extrovert kid at school -we became best friends. Or better, since I was very introvert SHE became friend with me. She did it all, fortunately. She introduced me to her group of girl friends. We spent some beautiful years together but it was always me at her house and never the opposite. She had a wonderful family. They also used to bring me with them on family trips or sundays, things I never had before.
Then she died in a car accident when we were 17, but that's another part of my story.
If I can say I know what a friend is, and what a loving family is, it's because of her.

I've never had a birthday party, or a birthday cake for that matter. I think if I finally had one after all these years, I'd feel so embarrassed at being the centre of attention for once that I wouldn't be able to enjoy it!
🥳

I've never had a birthday party, or a birthday cake for that matter. I think if I finally had one after all these years, I'd feel so embarrassed at being the centre of attention for once that I wouldn't be able to enjoy it!
🥳
Yeah, I'm a take my birthday off work kind of person and pray nobody notices of remembers. I like a simple message on the FB wall though, I'm not made of stone 😼

I had one with friends from school when I was 10. I don't remember if we always had a cake, my mother made it clear from a very early age that my older sister was much more special then me so I started to dissociate as a young child, and have very few memories....My late husband had something nice for me, I enjoyed, it was small with only very close friends for my 50th...I don't care anymore...I am very happy to be with my daughters, and grandchildren....

🥳

Yeah, this is me too, I've never had a birthday party and I hope I never do, the idea of being centre of attention like that gives me chills just thinking about it.

My last birthday party was at 13. As an adult, I've never had any friends in my life, just users who don't give a crap.

Latest posts

Back