How many friends do we really need?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elsewhere within the group, there was lost regarding not having a single friend. Thus, I appreciate that some of you don't have anyone dear. But, how many friends do we need. How many is healthy. What is the normal number to aspire to.

I used to have countless frenemies. Every single "friend" i got involved with, males or females, were more enemies than friends. Liars cheaters backstabbers envious jealous there's aren't enough letters in every language to form words to describe them. I got rid of them all and my life became better. Occasionally one or two would slip into my world and i had to take immediate action to get rid of them. I only want one friend, who will be my life partner/wife. That's all i need. That's what few married couples around me have for friends - each other and nobody else. Every single man or woman around me, just like me, don't have any real friends. Nobody comes to visit. Not even family. Ever. I'd be overwhelmed with one or more frenemies. Only need one friend but unlikely marriage will ever happen here.

What's eating me inside now is this disgusting female meters away from me. She's completely alone. I know she wants company. Never invited me for a cup of tea, to watch a movie, to talk. I know she loves talking. I'm not up to her standards. Out of her league. I've been nothing but good helpful respectful to her. Never showed any interest. Now treats me like i'm invisible garbage. Texted when she needed my help. Then nothing. Like i don't exist anymore. Low status is no fun. She's high tier as far as salary but 0/10 in every other aspect. I still didn't mind being friendly with her until recently. She makes me feel terrible.

Last edited:
I used to have countless frenemies. Every single "friend" i got involved with, males or females, were more enemies than friends. Liars cheaters backstabbers envious jealous there's aren't enough letters in every language to form words to describe them. I got rid of them all and my life became better. Occasionally one or two would slip into my world and i had to take immediate action to get rid of them. I only want one friend, who will be my life partner/wife. That's all i need. That's what few married couples around me have for friends - each other and nobody else. Every single man or woman around me, just like me, don't have any real friends. Nobody comes to visit. Not even family. Ever. I'd be overwhelmed with one or more frenemies. Only need one friend but unlikely marriage will ever happen here.
Yeah, I got tired of being taken for granted, used, or being second best. I walked away from pretty much everyone. That was 2 years ago, and I have never regretted it. Very occasionally, the notion of company arises, and then quickly dissipates; I just don't need the aggravation and hassle.

Latest posts

Back